2 years of rigorous translation of different Bengali texts from the 19th century for Mphil work.
Topic: Nations, Partitions, Narratives: Reading Structures of Aesthetics and Politics in Bengali Folktale Anthologies for Children.
Supervision: Dr. Saugata Bhaduri.
Brief Abstract: An enquiry into the nature of nationalism through an analysis of the pedagogic methods demonstrated in the selected Bengali folktale anthologies of children in the twentieth century.
Research Methods: Close Reading, Comparative, Deductive, Critical Summarisation,
Archive Handling -National Library of India; Bangiya Sahitya Parishad, Kolkata
Academic Formatting- MLA formatting.
Translation (Bengali to English) Selected List-
• Bhattacharya, Hrishikesh. “Rupkotha Roop”[The Form of the Fairy Tale]. Bharatvarsha, vol. 2, no. 3, 1927, pp. 336–342.
• Selections from Bandopadhyay, Sibaji. Bangla Sisusahityer Chhoto Meyera[The Little Girls of Bengali Children’s Literature]. Gangchill Press, 2007.
• Basu, Buddhadeb. “Shishusahitya”[Children’s Literature]. Sahityacharcha[The Practice of Literature], Signet Press, 1954, pp. 47–84.
• Selections from Jasimuddin Janmoshotoborsha Smarakgrontho[Articles Published on the Occasion of Jasimuddin’s 100th Birth Anniversary], Bangla Academy, 2004.
• Jasimuddin Smritikothasamagro[A Collection of Jasimuddin’s Memoirs]. Edited by Pulak Chanda, 1st ed., Dey's Publishing, 2012.
• Selections from Jasimuddin. Bangalir Hasir Galpo Parts 1 and 2. Palash Prakashani, 2001.