The person shown here is a basic user of this site. He or she may be contacted directly for language-related services. |
Russian to English
| Barry Jones |
Local time: 21:59 BST (GMT+1)
| Freelancer |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Voiceover (dubbing), Training|
|Detailed fields not specified. |
|Registered at ProZ.com: Jan 2002.|
| CV/Resume (DOC)|
1) I have lived and worked for twenty five years (1976-2001) in Moscow as a translator.
2) I have over sixty translated books published in a variety of subjects not all of which are covered by the specialist areas in this form, eg. economics, philosophy, politics, sociology, taxation, customs documentation, music, sport, art, philately, circus & entertainment, and much else.
3) From 1991 to 1994 I was Head of Legal and Business Translation at INTERFAX Newsagency, Moscow. Here I translated the Constitutions of the Russian Federation and every single one of the former Soviet Republics. I also translated dozens of laws, statutes, presidential decrees and other legislative and legal documents as well as a continuous flow of articles on oil and gas, agriculture, mining and minerals, finance and banking, and commerce in general.
4) In 1995 I began work on a two-year project to translate the archives of more than 100 Russian museums for the US Library of Congress. Part of this work can now be viewed on "ArcheoBiblioBase: The Archives of Russia" (www.iisg.nl)
5) From then until 2001 I worked as a freelance translator. My biggest projects were "The Celestial Garden" - by the playwright, Azat Abdullin, on the life of Rudolf Nuriyev, and a series of very learned articles on medieval Georgian astronomy.
6) I am now based in Britain, but maintain extensive contacts in Russia for the purpose of cross-checking terminology and general consultation.
Keywords: Agriculture, archeology, archival storage, art, business, commerce, cookery, customsregulations, economics, entertainment, forestry, guitar, history, law, music, news, philately, politics, philosophy, sociology, sport, taxation
Profile last updated
Nov 29, 2013