PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATION/RELATED EXPERIENCE:
1995-Present Full-time freelance translator and interpreter from English into Thai
and Thai into English.
2001-Present Thai Translation Reviewer for National Geographic Society
- Perform pre- and post-publication reviews of Thai edition of the National Geographic Magazine (published in Thailand).
1999-2005 Thai Language Consultant
Lucent Technologies, Voice Messaging Division
Major translation projects include:
• English into Thai translation of over 100,000 words of press releases and transcriptions of press briefings in regards to the BP Oil Spill Response.
• English into Thai translation for Thai edition of the Asia Pacific Defense Forum, a quarterly journal published by the Commander of the United States Pacific Command. The Thai edition of this professional military journal is distributed to military personnel in Thailand.
• Providing ongoing English <-> Thai translation support for Amway Corporation since 1997.
• Translated several hundred thousand words of legal documents from the U.S. Department of Justice.
• Translated over 40,000 words of OMNOVA accounting and financial documents.
• Translated approximately 30,000 words of LEAN SixSigma training documents.
• Translation and desktop publishing of over twenty Taylor freezer operating manuals totaling over 100,000 words.
• Translated over 100,000 words of UPS shipping software, help files, and help system files.
• Translated over 100,000 words of Roxio software, and on-line help files.
• Translated 40,000 words of Yahoo! web site.
• Translated 60,000 words of HP printer help files, release notes, and manuals.
• Translated 70,000 words of CitiDirect financial application resource files.