Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
• December 2020: Bachelor of Arts in East Asian Studies, University of Heidelberg, Germany
• Major in Chinese studies, minor in Japanese studies
• Cumulative GPA: 1.3 (equivalent to 3.7 in the US)
• HSK 6 certificate in Chinese (Confucius Institute Munich)
• Courses on Chinese-German translation (University of Heidelberg), professional experience with Chinese-English translation (see below)
• Exchange semester at Taiwan National Normal University
• Exchange semester at Peking Foreign Studies University
• Course “Opening the Black Box: Understanding Chinese Foreign Policy Making” at the summer school of Peking University and London School of Economics and Political Science
• Extensive knowledge about Chinese history, politics and culture
• Ability to work both with simplified and traditional Chinese characters
• Very strong research and fact-checking skills
Born and raised in Germany and having Russian parents, I grew up bilingually with German as my main native language, and Russian as my second native language. I have also achieved native-level proficiency in English through extensive exposure and practice since the age of 9. I have scored 113/120 on a TOEFL test that I took without additional preparation. (The average score of native speakers is 91/120.) Currently, I am writing a novel in English.
I have completed 3 Chinese-English translation projects with a total length of over 2500 Chinese characters for Westlake University (Hangzhou, China):