Legal contents, finance and economics, industry, health, geopolitics, social sciences and literature.
· Franco-Chilean Chamber of Commerce and Industry (as a subcontractor): more than 350,000 words (technical, law, business, financial, QAP, from Spanish and English),
· Chile Foreign Investment Committee: arbitration of Victor Pey Casado v. Republic of Chile under the ICSID, Rejoinder of the Republic of Chile on Jurisdiction, and other proceedings documents (100,000 words, from English),
· Fifth Conference of Ministers of Defense of the Americas (Santiago, november 2002): minutes and declarations, 25,000 words (from Spanish and English),
· Contributions to large projects handled by BeTranslated.com: automotive industry, specifications, banking (from English),
· Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile: rogatory commissions and legal documents, official documents adressed to international organizations such as the OAS or the UN,
· Consumers International Annual Report, years 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002, Brochure for the World Consumer Rights Day 2004 (from English),
· Cardif Chile (a French Insurance Company): translation, on a regular basis, of corporate and financial documents,
· Association of Chilean Exporters and Fruit Growers Federation of Chile: Catalog of the Chilean Fruit Industry, 50,000 words (from Spanish),
· Bitran & Associates Consulting Firm, Santiago: more than 200,000 words (from English) in, among others, “Dictionary of Health Economics”, Alan Earl-Slater, Radcliffe Medical Press; "Analysis of Hospital Costs : a manual for managers", WHO; Flagship Course and Case Studies on Health Sector Reform and Sustainable Financing, The World Bank Institute.
·Éditions L’Atalante (France): French translation of "Izquierdas e izquierdismo”, a book by Octavio Rodriguez Araujo (Mexico), 80,000 words, political sciences. To be published in August 2004.
· Others: UNESCO-Santiago, Thomson Health Systems, Royal Bank of Canada (Bowne Global Solutions), Editorial Grijalbo-Santiago, Sodexho Chile.
. eTranslate, Inc.
Position: Project Manager at eTranslate Chile, regional office of this US based globalization company (2000–2001).
. 365 Corp. plc
Position: Linguist Consultant for the regional office in Santiago, devoted to the sport oriented sites of this UK based company (rugby365, football365, etc.). In charge of the creation of an in-house localization department (12 people) working on a multilingual approach (5 languages) for exchanging contents generated by the company-owned sites worldwide (1999–2000).
. 1998-1999: Editor Assistant at Dolmen Ediciones S.A., a Santiago publishing house (human and social sciences, education, litterature),
· Subcontracting works in editorial advertising for clients based in Paris (telecom, health and pharmaceuticals, leisure industry),
· Edition and rewriting of a number of master’s and doctoral thesis defended in French universities.
A BRIEF RESUME
· National Institute for Oriental Languages and Civilizations, Paris (1986-1990), Unilingual Diploma in Oriental Language and Civilization, majored in Hebrew, minored in economics, English and international trade (CPEI).
Besides my 7 years activity in the language field and the localization industry, I have worked in various areas, each of these experiences representing a strong contribution to my expertise :
· A four years experience as a partner of ‘Comercial Buin Ltda’, a company of import-export trade based in Santiago, in charge of imports (1993-1996),
· Creation of a documentation center within a Chilean NGO based in Concepcion (Centro de Educación y Prevención en Salud Social),
· Market analysis for the creation of a francophone bookstore in Tel-Aviv, Israel (1991),
· Market analysis for the clothes industry in Eastern Europe and Russia (1990-1991).