Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Bulgarian (St. Cyril and St. Methodius University of Veliko Tarnovo) Bulgarian to English (Sofia University (St. Kliment Ohridski)) English to Bulgarian (Sofia University (St. Kliment Ohridski))
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, Catalyst, DejaVu, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Frontpage, Fusion, IBM CAT tool, Idiom, Indesign, J-CAT, MetaTexis, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Multilizer, OmegaT, Google Translator Toolkit, Lionbridge LogoPort, MS Helium, MS LEAF, MS LocStudio, Visual Localize, Other CAT tool, Passolo, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit, Translation Workspace, Wordfast
I am specializing in the translation of technical texts. Technical translation allows me to seamlessly integrate my prior professional experience in IT and management consulting (my management consulting experience is primarily in the automotive, IT, telecommunications and pharmaceutical industries), my long-term interest in technology and my passion for languages. I enjoy intellectual challenges and I love to learn;in that aspect being a technical translator does a fair job of keeping me constantly on my toes; I have to read a lot and follow closely current trends in science and technology to ensure that I have the proper background to tackle the text.
I am working primarily in the following fields:
(1) IT (software and website localization; hardware interface localization, user and maintenance manuals). My IT expertise covers both, personal computing and enterprise IT solutions, such as banking IT systems, document and transaction processing, and inventory management systems of international companies, etc.
(2) Automotive (user and maintenance manuals, type approval documentation, manufacturer’s/reseller's websites, etc) including personal vehicles, construction machines, public transportation vehicles and military wheeled vehicles;
(3) Consumer Electronics (user manuals, technical specifications, promotional materials, industry standards, etc.) such as PCs, handheld devices, mobile phones, TV, video and photo imaging equipment, air-conditioning, etc.;
(4) Aerospace (operation and maintenance manuals for civil and military aircraft, maintenance and continued airworthiness programs, ground equipment documentation, legislation), including sale, maintenance and pooling contracts;
(5) Energy and Utilities (design and technical specifications for power plants (coal, hydro and nuclear power plants), construction contracts, equipment manuals, oil and gas pipelines documentation.
(6) Business and Finance (including contracts, corporate documents, IPO prospectuses, internal training materials for banking and financial institutions covering various financial instruments (options, swaps, futures, etc).
The aforementioned fields would make for approximately 80% the translation projects I have completed for the past 5 years. The other 20% vary widely and include among others (medical and genetic research, military technology and equipment, nanotechnology, robotics and video games.)
Editing, Project Management and Quality Assurance
I have done a fair amount of editing of technical texts and grading sample/text translations. My project management experience is limited to working with small teams of language specialists (usually one project manager & QA specialist, one terminologist, two-three translators, two editors and one proofreader; and if required a software engineer and a technical consultant) using different types of CAT tools and technology to optimize the project flow.
My working pair of languages is English <-> Bulgarian. My Russian is very good; my French and German are decent, and I am trying to learn Japanese; however, it proves to be quite a challenge :-) ... for now ...
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.