Established since 1999 as a translator of high profile documents for the strategic communications of public and private customers in various settings – i.e. freelance, translation agencies, international organizations, development organizations – along with managing and developing young recruits, managing diverse translation projects, and exploring various leads in prospective markets...
Over the last decade, I have come to focus both my professional and personal interests on international cooperation and multilateral development. It is in that specific purpose that I developed an international client-base and linguist network, whose aims and experiences are articulated around global responses to today’s nonetheless global challenges.
- International Cooperation, Development Aid, Economic Development, Infrastructure, Environment, Climate Smart Agriculture, Renewable Energy, Technologies, Sustainable Development, International Relations, Gender, Food Security, Food policies, HIV/AIDS, Micro-Finance, Credit Rating, Green funds
- Global Nutrition Report, published by IFPRI in both 2015 and 2016.
- Crisis Recovery, Fragile States
- Natural resources
- Development in Africa, Evaluation Reports, Project Reports, Country Credit Rating, Infrastructure, Energy, Health, Education, Gender Issues, etc.
- International Cooperation: Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), Security, Information Technologies
- Human rights: United Nations peacekeeping
- European Social Benefit Schemes: New Member States
- EHSS standards and procedures for the metal, mining, oil & gas industries
- Environmental and Corporate Law
- Medical: The Nurse’s Guide (162 pages), The New Midwifery (400 pages) Elsevier
- Contracts, Oil & Gas, Hydro, Sustainable Development
- Industrial Environment, Health & Safety issues, Sanitation & Remediation
July 2013-present Consultant-Translator for the African Development Bank, The World Bank, International Food Policy Research Institute, also registered on the UN Global Market Portal (UNGM)
Oct.-Dec. 2016 Mission at the African Development Bank, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. My contribution was requested by the Language Services Department of the Bank to help face extra workload at the end of the year. I was part of a team of three consultants, my two colleagues being both seasoned translators and former members of the Department’s staff, and with whom I acquired a great deal of specialized knowledge.
June 2014-present Creation of Le mot et l’esprit, a network of seasoned language professionals in the core fields of International Cooperation http://www.lemotetlesprit.fr/english/
2009-2012: Tessier Translations
Lead Certified Translator (ATIO)
1999-present: Freelance translator, based successively in France, Canada, and back in France.
• Société Française des Traducteurs (SFT/ITI)
• Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario (ATIO)
• Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council (CTTIC)
• Security clearance valid until September 2020
• LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/christine-marcombe/59/76/829