Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Russian - Rates: 0.05 - 0.15 USD per word / 25 - 45 USD per hour Uzbek to English - Rates: 0.05 - 0.15 USD per word / 25 - 45 USD per hour English to Uzbek - Rates: 0.05 - 0.15 USD per word / 25 - 45 USD per hour Russian to English - Rates: 0.05 - 0.15 USD per word / 25 - 45 USD per hour
Bachelor's degree - UzGUMYa
Years of translation experience: 24. Registered at ProZ.com: Jan 2007.
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Frontpage, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint
CV available upon request
Extensive translating/interpreting, writing, reading, editing, and proofreading skills (Uzbek, Russian, and English)
Certified Interpreter and Translator
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Interpreted during negotiations to obtain largest cash loan in the history of the company
• Managed the translation of a major Privatization Diagnostic Study for the Government of Uzbekistan
• Conceptualized a software application and a marketing brochure used as marketing tool
• Facilitated communication among top executives by applying knowledge of Western and Eastern business cultures
• Won Presidential Scholarship to Study Business in one of the top US business schools
• Ability to learn foreign languages
• Ability to operate with high degree of autonomy and meet deadlines
• Ability to make proposals and presentations based on own findings
• Ability to quickly develop expertise on industries, markets, products and technologies
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team environment, adapting to change and able to prioritize multiple projects and assignments on a continual basis
• Self motivated, entrepreneurial interest and the ability to deal with ambiguity
• Strong quantitative analysis skills
• Ability to deal with confidential information
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
May 2005 – Jan. 2006 Interpreter/translator to Program Manager (PM),
Washington International Inc., Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Project: Nuclear Non-proliferation, WMD Threat Reduction
• Conducted threat assessment of nuclear trafficking
• Assured smooth communication between government offices and company management
• Provided on-site language support to Northrop Grumman engineers in their day-to-day communications with local authorities and engineers
• Provided support to company contractors in obtaining government licenses to perform site-specific jobs related to installation of radio and portal monitoring equipment on border crossings
• Interpreted during Train The Trainer program administered to the professors of the National Customs Academy of Uzbekistan.
• Provided translation during high-level meetings with government officials
Other Professional Experience:
Jan. 2000 – Apr. 2005 Chief Marketing Specialist, IL-114-100 Aircraft Program
Tashkent Aircraft Production Corporation (TAPC)
(15,000 employees), Tashkent, Uzbekistan
• By providing translation and interpretation, assisted in negotiation of a $ 10 ml loan from US Ex-Im Bank.
• Worked directly with western suppliers and banks on contracts/financing of imported aircraft components
• Coordinated the work of Procurement, Finance, and Logistics departments on executing the aircraft component contracts.
• Directed development of software for calculation of the IL-114-100 aircraft operational efficiency to improve marketing with airlines
• Acquired experience in international trade finance and accounting principles.
• Served as contact person for all major foreign firms doing business with the TAPC.
• Liaison between TAPC and International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and US Trade Development Agency (TDA) for the largest Privatization Diagnostic and Feasibility Study in the history of the company.
March 2007 – August 2008 Business Analyst, GNMA Auditor, Washington, DC.
• Translated and edited newsletters and publications
• Participated in data collection effort in a nationwide Congressionally-mandated study while assuring accuracy and consistency of information gathered
• Designing data collection instruments
• Managing project timelines and costs
• Researching, developing, and delivering housing industry study products.
• Conducting on-site compliance reviews of housing loan issuers.
1999. BS, Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), USA
Major: Business Management
1994. Certificate, University of World Languages, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
LANGUAGES: Fluent in Uzbek and Russian languages.
Keywords: Uzbek, Russian, WMD, Non-proliferation, Scientific, Communication Technology, Weapons of Mass Destruction, Linguist, Interpreter Translator