Chinese to English: Advertising Copy of North-Bund Album Detailed field: Tourism & Travel
Source text - Chinese 流金岁月，百年沧桑。昔日的北外滩镌刻出深沉悠远的历史，铸造出经典永恒的建筑，诉说着百舸争流的辉煌，流露着独特别样的韵味。这里有中国的第一家电影院，有上海大厦般足以留世的建筑精品，有历史上的提篮桥商业中心，有充满航运文化底蕴的下海庙。。。。。。
Translation - English Effulgent century has elapsed, with enormous changes left in this oriental city. It is the hesternal North-bund that engraved the profound and everlasting history, founded the classical and eternal architectures, and which is now telling the glory of extreme intense competitions, and revealing the unique charms of herself. Here stands the first movie theater in China, the Shanghai Broadway Mansions which is a superfine architecture that should be preserved forever, the ever-prospered business Center of Ti-Lan-Qiao, and the Ohel Moishe Synagogue which is imbued with shipping culture.
As the sun rises in the new century, a new beam of development opportunity has swept over North-Bund. After the construction and development of the Huangpu River on Both Bunds was formally launched by the local government, the government of Hongkou District seized the great opportunity and moved forward, and planned the strategy “Giving preeminence to the key point, and developing the potentials”. Under these circumstances, all these below have been accomplished one after another: the general planning, functional localization and the research of the industry direction of the comprehensive development of North Bund area, along with the work of massive relocation. The phase of all-round development and construction has stepped forward.
English to Chinese: Operator's Munual of Honing Machine
Source text - English INTRODUCTION TO HONING
After reading this chapter the TECHNICIAN will:
• Be able to explain the steps of the honing process
• Change parameters to obtained desired geometry in the honed part
• Remove and clean a cardanic fixture
DEFINITION OF HONING:
Machinery’s Handbook 23rd Revised Edition:
The hone-abrading process for obtaining cylindrical forms
with precise dimensions and surfaces….
A tool for enlarging holes to precise tolerances and controlling
finishes by means of a mechanically rotated abrasive.
I.2 INTRODUCTION TO PINION HONING
The purpose of honing is to provide parts with consistent size, shape, and surface finish. With Nagel® vertical honing machines, this is accomplished by using three or four honing tools.
In the 28-8447 and 28-8448 machines, the tools are arranged so that the Station 1 rougher removes the most material. Parts are then indexed to Station 2 where a semi-finish abrasive is used, removing more stock and controlling final size. The final honing station (Station 3) uses a finish abrasive for final part finish. The rough and semi-finish stations utilize a mechanical expansion, while the finish station utilizes a hydraulic tool expansion to apply the required surface finish.
I.3 MACHINE CYCLE: SEQUENCE OF OPERATIONS
As with all automated machinery, this machine must follow a certain sequence of events. When using Chapter 3 - Operations, if the diagnostic display does not say to switch to automatic or for any other reason the machine does not respond to normal cues, the machine may be out of sequence. When the machine is out of sequence it can be difficult to determine why the machine is not responding. Therefore, it is important to become familiar with the machine sequence of operations.
1. Parts are fed into the machine by an incoming conveyor.
2. One (1) part at a time is fed into the pre-gage unit by an escapement on the incoming conveyor
3. The pre-gage unit checks each part individually and verifies it is good (to continue on) or bad (and rejected).
4. The singler advances and returns to move the part from the pre-gage into the load pickup position.
5. The load pallet slide moves the fixture into an empty part fixture position, ready for loading.
6. The load gripper carries the part by advancing the load slide to the cardanic fixture and releasing the part. If the part failed the pre-gage, it will be dropped into the reject instead.
7. The load pallet slide advances the fixture pallet to the transfer position.
8. The part pusher advances, seating the parts in the cardanic fixtures. After the prox switch is made (all parts are seated), the part pusher returns to the up position and the loader returns home.
9. The pallet transfer is advanced by means of a hydraulic cylinder.
10. The pallets are transferred into each of the honing (rough, semi-finish and finish) stations.
11. The gage probe advances checking the part size and the spindle begins the honing operation until part size is reached.
12. All stations work at the same time. The finish (hydraulic) station runs by a set stroke count.
13. Operations 1-11 are performed again.
14. The pallet is transferred to the unload station where they are removed
15. The unload singler advances, dropping parts one at a time through the unload chute, then the unload singler returns to the home position.
16. The cross transfer, at both the load and unload, will advance.
17. The pallet return slide carries the empty fixtures from the unload end of the machine back to the load end of the machine.
18. The two cross transfers return to the home position.
19. The pallet return slide then returns to its home position at the unload end of the machine.
20. The cycle is now complete. The machine is in home position, and ready to start a new cycle.
21. Operations 1-20 will repeat as long as there are parts in the loader.
Source text - English 1.1 What does the overall process of repetitive manufacturing look like?
Repetitive manufacturing involves processing the manufacture of products and assemblies. Quantity-dependent and period-dependent planned orders are created in the system for this.
Within the process, the planned order for the production begin are released, the required material is requested and provided, an AC-TUAL data entry of the manufactured quantity is carried out as well as the delivery is made to a storage or the SA (Supply Area) of subsequent shop floor.
This process is used for production of such parts that, on the one hand, are produced over a longer period always in the same way on line equipment. On the other hand, their production cycle has very less requirements on the controlling actions.
The process results in finished products or assemblies that are en-tered on a quantity basis in the form of a confirmation (reporting point backflush or product confirmation). Besides, at the time of confirmation, the quantity consumed for manufacturing the product as well as the activities performed for the same are posted for wage accounting. A transfer requirement automatically generated with the confirmation initiates the goods receipt in a storage location or the transfer to the SA of subsequent shop floor.
Manufacture of 13-digit products as well as 10-digit materials is dif-ferentiated in the production chain. 13-digit products always undergo repetitive manufacturing. 10-digit materials can be processed both in series as well as via a production order (in production by lot size).
Repetitive manufacturing is processed via a planned order with or-der type PE – a so-called schedule line (PE).
Schedule lines for a product (planned orders) are either:
- generated through materials requirement planning (MRP) as pro-curement proposal for the confirmed release of a SD scheduling agreement or
- the planned orders are set (they should be available in SAP R/3 and APO) and then scheduled.
All SAP master data that is required for the process should be maintained. This includes among others:
- Material master
- Product cost collector
- Material cost estimate
- Control cycle.
Repetitive manufacturing is divided into the following process se-quence:
The planned orders (PE) should be released in the first step. This is carried out in the system either by an automatically triggered run or manually via a transaction for planned order release. The status of the repetitive manufacturing order changes and can be displayed in the shop floor information cockpit. The whole production process starts with the release of the planned order.
All activities that are carried out according to the planned order re-lease for repetitive manufacturing can be triggered in the shop floor information cockpit.
Before delivery of the product, you can control whether the manu-factured product is available in adequate quantity in the supply area (PVB) via function material requisition and staging. If the material is not available in adequate quantity, then staging of replenishment elements can be triggered.
The quantity and, if required, the packaging of the product to be de-livered is entered during confirmation (actual data entry). Distinc-tion is made between the material type - reporting point backflush for 10-digit materials and product confirmation for 13-digit materials.
When the last operation is confirmed, the system searches for a planned order that is reduced to the confirmed quantity, starting with the oldest. If the planned order quantity is smaller than the quantity to be reduced then another planned order is reduced. The confirmed quantity is posted from the stock directly.
Translation - English Party A: Fuoshan Hiyi Ceramic Artistic Building Materials Co., Ltd.
In order to guarantee the interest of both parties hereto, further expand regional market for HiYi, and improve the popularity of HiYi brand, in the principle of bona fide and mutual benefit, Party A and Party B, through negotiation, agree to enter into this contract under the terms and conditions set forth as follows:
。Ⅰ. Party A agrees that Party B exercise regional protection for HiYi brand in _______ area, where Party A shall not appoint other authorized dealers or have self-sale outlets, and Party B shall deal with the sales of comparable products of competitor manufacturers. Party B, however, shall be entitled to license and develop distributors or exclusive stores in his own area, and the sales volume shall be calculated into the sales task of Party B. Likewise, Party A shall be entitled to charge the franchise fees for the distributors or exclusive stores thus developed by Party B, and provide the services under Article 7 “On the Responsibility of Franchise Fees”. In the event that Party B makes no order with three months from the execution of this Contract, Party A shall have the right to terminate the Contract.
Ⅱ. Party B agrees to choose exclusive dealer as his franchise manner. See Articles 7, and 8 hereof for the responsibilities of franchise fees and earnest deposit. Requirements: demonstration area not less than one hundred square meters; initial sample investment input not less than two hundred thousand RMB, franchise fee twenty thousand RMB; earnest deposit ten thousand RMB, minimum sales task art mosaic one million RMB, complimentary ceramic tile and stone-material one million RMB;
Ⅲ. In order that Party A could uniform the HiYi brand image, the shop image design of the franchise shop shall be carried out in accordance with the demonstration planning requirements of the headquarter. After both parties determine the validity hereof, Party B shall provide in the shortest time the ichnography and the space size of the shop to Party A, and Party A shall commit to provide free of charge the construction instruction drawing and decoration drawing within 5 working days. And the decoration fee shall be borne by Party B.
Ⅳ. Prices of the Good Provided by Party A: refer to the uniform price table of HiYi (ex factory price without tax, and shall be increased 10% on the basis of ex factory price if tax is required), marble mosaic forty-five percent discount; ceramic mosaic forty percent discount; colophony frieze thirty-five percent discount; complimentary ceramic tile, stone-material forty-five percent discount, others not available now. Party B shall labeling the price in accordance with the national uniform retail price provided by Party A, and this price shall not be lower than 90% of it during the sale. In the event that price changing notice shall be made in case of market change, Party A shall notify Party B in the form of written fax one month ahead in advance.
English to Chinese: 6-sigma training material
Source text - English On-the-Job Development Opportunities
• Attend a conference or seminar that relates to an emerging topic in the industry. Prepare a summary presentation for your department when you return.
• Become active in your professional/industry organizations. Attend meetings, conferences, etc.
• Encourage your employees and peers to provide feedback. Ask them how you can be more effective in your job. Also ask what you might change to help them be more effective in their jobs.
• Examine what you do with the lessons you learn from feedback and experience. Observe how you change and adapt based on these lessons.
• Identify stretch assignments or projects in areas you want to become more proficient in... get out of your "comfort zone."
• Perform After-Action-Reviews or project "post-mortems" to find out what worked and what didn't... analyze your learnings and share with others.
• Read as many internal publications as you can, including newsletters and technical publications from other departments.
• Research the appropriate tests and certifications on your area of expertise.
• Serve on education committees at our company or within a professional organization.
• Solicit feedback from others at the end of projects. Ask them what you did that was effective and what you did that was not effective. Once you have thought about the feedback and have decided how you'd like to do things differently the next time, ask them to observe you in this specific area on a future project and provide you with additional feedback.
• Talk with your manager or peers about the professional industry organizations they belong to. Seek their opinions on which to join, seek certification, etc.
• Use the internet to research information in your area of technical expertise.
• Volunteer to teach industry certification courses or internal seminars on topics in your area of expertise or in areas you want to grow in. One of the best ways to learn is to have teach it!
Chinese to English: Description of the Voltage Stabilization Device with Transforming Function
Source text - Chinese Description of the Voltage Stabilization Device with Transforming Function
1. Unit Construction Principle
This voltage stabilizer comprises of the following components: electric voltage regulator T, controller ZK, a.c. contactor J, step-down transformer B and phase sequence protector. Illustrated below:
When the 380V input electricity is not stable, the detecting system of the controller will detect a differential signal, which, after being compared with the reference source of itself, will be submitted to the operational amplifier for processing. The voltage signal processed will then be amplified by the amplifying control relay to drive the reversible actuating motor which helps the voltage regulator output a stable 380V voltage. Then, the stabilized voltage will run through the a.c. contactor into step-down transformer B, thus the system can output the stabilized voltages of 220U and 220V.
When the input voltage of 380V is phase-missing or phase-reversal or with extreme unbalance phases, the phase sequence protector will act to switch off the a.c. contactor, thus cut off the electricity supply of step-down transformer B to prevent damages or burns to the loading equipment because of phasing missing.
2. Functions Introduction of the Control Panel:
① Three-phase power light;
② Voltmeters of the phases of A, B and C: indicate the voltages of the phases of A, B and C outputted by the electric voltage regulator. Through those voltmeters, you can visibly find out whether the voltages outputted through the regulators are stable and whether the three phases are balance.
③ Stabilizing corrector: used for setting the output voltage of the electric regulator; turn clockwise to increase the voltage and anticlockwise to reduce it.
④ Fuse: used to control the transformer as a overcurrent protector. The specification of it is 1A.
⑤ Output voltmeter: voltage indicator of the 220V output from the step-down transformer.
⑤ Output voltmeter: voltage indicator of the 380U output from the step-down transformer.
⑦ Start reset button: When the stabilizer is switched off, you need to press this button to recover the electricity output.
⑧ Phase-missing and low-voltage indicator: when the electricity supply is phase-missing, phase-reversal or phase-unbalance, the stabilizer protection and phase-missing indicator lights, meanwhile the buzzer inside the device will start alarming.
① Connect the input according to the input terminals indicated on the terminal block of the stabilizer. This machine must be connected to the null line.
② After all wires are correctly connected, turn on the power switch and check if phase-missing low-voltage indicator is light and if the buzzer is alarming. In case of the occurrence of the above-said circumstances, please turn off the power, then change the input phase sequence (exchange any two wires of the input terminals).
③ Recover the power and check if the voltmeters of the A, B and C phases are all indicate 220U. if not so, please adjust the stabilizing correctors to get the proper voltage values.
④ Press start reset button, the a.c. contactor will close up. Thus the stabilizer will output the two group voltages of 220V and 220U.
⑤ After no error found during the above-said debugging, the stabilizer shall be put into work.
4. Recovery of simple failures:
① In case that the inside buzzer keeps alarming, the phase-missing and low-voltage indicator is light, the voltmeters of A, B and C phases are of large fluctuation, the stabilizing control is out of order or no 220V and 220U output,
Please check the null input of the stabilizer.
② In case that the inside buzzer keeps alarming, the phase-missing and low-voltage indicator is light, the voltmeters of A, B and C phases all indicate at 220V, the stabilizing control is out of order or no 220V and 220U output,
Please change the phase sequence protector (Emergency measure: if no protector available, please open the panel with switch holes on the left side, find the “connecting through/protecting” switch on a angle iron shelf in the middle of the stabilizer, shift it to the “connecting through” position. Then press the start reset button, the stabilizer will work normally)
Check the working condition of the machine frequently, periodically clean the dust inside. If the stabilizing controller breaks down, please consult the professional electric engineer or contact the after-sale service department of our company.
Address: Shixin Plaza No. 1, Victory Road, Zhangmutou, Dongguan City, Guangdong Pro.
Telephone: 86-769-87789491 87789490
Special Line for Service: 13826980200
English to Chinese (BEC) English to Chinese (Asociación Argentina de Traductores e Intérpretes) English to Chinese (China: CET-6) Chinese to English (Translators Association of China) Chinese to English (Science and Technology Translators' Association of the Chinese Academy)
Across, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD, DejaVu, Dreamweaver, FrameMaker, Frontpage, Idiom, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Across, Other CAT tool, SDL TRADOS, SDLX
I'm a freelance translator based in China. I take this as my professional because I like translation. Besides, I can also just stay at home getting in touch with the outside world. It feels very great when you see one day your translation is put into use somewhere. I like this feeling. Therefore, I always try to do a great job for my every translation, 'cause it would be a shame if others see it not in the right way some day in the future.
I like the prococess of translation, through which I can learn lots of things I don't know before. And it's also a way of trouble-shooting - you have to face many difficulties that you can't avoid, but you just have to face them and overcome them one by one. At last, I think translation is just like a sole-fighting - you have to fight with many hidden anemies yourself. You may not see the anemies, but they are indeed there. Therefore, you have to find them out one by one and put them down, otherwise you will just wait yourself to be killed.
Currently I'm working for an Amiercan localization company as a contracted translator, and an India translation company as well as many others. I think as a freelance translator, I may have to get myself employed by as many companies as possible. Meanwhile, I'm also looking for my own direct clients. I believe I can do it. It's just a matter of trust - so please trust me just as the way I trust you.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.