Name: Ágnes Urbán
Birthday: 5 June 1977 Budapest
Address: 1065 - Hungary Budapest Hajós 12.
Phone: +36 70 237 9054
2001: Acquisition of MA degree at the Faculty of English, German (2003) and European Studies;
2000: Erasmus scholarship in Angers, France;
1996-: beginning of Studies at the University of Szeged, Faculty of Arts, English, German and European Studies;
1991-1995: Szent László secondary school (Budapest), class specialized in English;
1984-1991: Hősök Fasora primary school (Budapest), class specialized in French.
• Interpreter TRIGRÁNIT RT. From 26 September – on Mondays and Tuesdays at business meetings about real estate management beside the operations director.
• Interpreter AGC AUTOMOTIVE 21 June – 29 June 2006. Interpreting from French to Hungarian and from Hungarian to French on a daily basis (including 1 hour of interpreting from English to French and from French to English at the morning meetings).
• Translator EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COMMITTEE–COMMITTEE OF THE REGIONS JOINT TRANSLATION SERVICE July 2005 – April 2006.
Translating internal documents of the two consultative EU committees, such as opinions, preliminary and draft opinions, minutes of group meetings, agendas, modifications, convocations from English to Hungarian and from French to Hungarian.
• Interpreter-translator PROCTER & GAMBLE Hyginett Ltd. March 2004 – March 2005.
Interpreting for managers and senior managers at meetings, negotiations and in the factory on a daily basis; translation of technical texts, internal organizational documents and procedures, plans from English to Hungarian and from Hungarian to English.
• Project manager SZAMALK Ltd. September 2003 – March 2004.
Coordination and management of the institution’s participation at educational projects published by the European Union, translation from English to Hungarian and from Hungarian to English, participation at European Union educational project seminars, translation of methodological documents of the Learnplace programme, participation at the related conferences, keeping in touch with the institution’s partners and clients.
• Interpreter-translator PROVIDENT FINANCIAL Co. January 2003 – September 2003.
Interpreting for the Regional Development Manager in branch offices on a daily basis; translation for the legal and financial department, for the HR and PR departments (contracts, legal texts, management control concept, description of work procedures, fire precautions manual, description of job functions, internal newsletter, from Hungarian to English and from English to Hungarian).
• June 2001: interpreting for the local government of Maine et Loire county (France) and that of Veszprém (Hungary) in Angers (2 days);
• September 2001: conference interpreting for the Median market research company (2 days);
• November 2001: hostess-interpreter at the conference of Sanofi Synthélabo (2 days);
• March 2002: interpreting (commerce) in Italy (4 days);
• June 2002: hostess-interpreter at the European conference of Peugeot dealerships (2 days);
• June 2002: interpreting for Opel Maxabo (1 day)
• November 2003: interpreting between real estate agents from Israel and France (from English to French and from French to English – 2 days)
• May 2004: Interpreting from French to Hungarian between the Kód market research company and Dégáz Co. (1 day)
• May 2004: Conference interpreting: Alstom’s presentation for BKV Co. about the realization of the 4th underground line in Budapest (2 days)
• July 2006: Consecutive interpreting for HBM construction company about labour safety at the construction site of the 4th underground line (from French to Hungarian, Hungarian to French)
• August 2006: Consecutive interpreting for Iberdrola’s windmill project with Hungarowind Ltd. (2 days - from Hungarian to English, legal texts, agreements, land registry forms)
• October 2006: Consecutive interpreting for Iberdrola’s windmill project with WestLB (2 days days - from Hungarian to English, legal texts, agreements, land registry forms)
• Translation (freelance):
Texts about the European Union (from English to Hungarian, 40 pages);
Translation of 2 theses about the European Union (from Hungarian to English, from French to Hungarian, a total of 100 pages);
Technical texts (directions for use: from English and French to Hungarian; total: 150 pages);
Technical texts from German to English (30 pages),
Legal (data protection acts, intellectual property rights, contracts: from English to Hungarian, a total of 70 pages);
Translation of texts about human resources management and marketing (from English to Hungarian; from Hungarian to English; total:100 pages);
Translation of training course offers of the Develor consulting company from Hungarian to English and from English to Hungarian (200 pages);
General texts (HR presentation for Cora from Hungarian to French; literature /theatre/ from English to Hungarian; historical texts: from German to Hungarian: a total of 50 pages).
• Teacher of English Élő Nyelvek Szemináriuma (courses for Ringier Ltd)
Magyar Iparszövetség Oktatási Központ (courses for Pannon Aldra Ltd)
September 2002 – January 2003
• Transport & Purchasing Coordinator - Atco Europe Ltd. January 2002 – May 2002
• Personal Assistant (summer jobs): Danone Ltd., Markerfilm Ltd.)
• Guide: organization of a sight-seeing tour for a group of students in Szeged
• Social Work:
September – December 1995: England, Leicestershire: with the main purpose of practicing English;
August 1998: social work in Italy (Palermo and Milano);
English: Cambridge Proficiency (degree, 2001)
French: Advanced level (DALF, 2002)
German: Advanced level (degree, 2003)
Italian: Intermediate level (ITK, 2001)
Spanish: Basics (studying)
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATES
Tour guide certificate; driving licence; typewriting (blind as well);
Computer skills (WORD, EXCEL, Internet, Microsoft Outlook);
TRADOS translation programme
HOBBIES: Languages, travelling, photography, sports, music,