Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Adobe Acrobat, Alchemy Publisher, Catalyst, Helium, Idiom, LocStudio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, Wordfast
CURRICULUM VITAE FOR SVANTE SKOGLUND
- University education (M.A. in English, Swedish, Literature and Pedagogy).
- Doctoral studies in Science of Literature (no PhD, though).
- Copywriting course (evening classes, 18 months).
- English 1 year, Sussex University, Brighton, UK
- Management course, Microsoft Dublin.
- Translation course, Gothenburg university
- Free-lance translating, copy editing, proof reading and terminology management. Working for brands like HP, Nikon, Microsoft, IBM, Lotus, Ford, Mazda, Disney Channel, Atlas Copco, Siemens, SAP, Adobe, Facebook etc. 1985-
- Free-lance copy writer 1989-
- Text-book author for college (more than 10 titles published by Gleerups, second biggest educational publishing house in Sweden). Subjects: Swedish, English, Speech, Writing skills. 1989-
- Senior Language Specialist, Microsoft Dublin 1990-1992.
- Co-founder, Board Director and Language Manager of translation company Wordwork AB (later developed into Swedish subsidiary of Lernout & Hauspie, Bowne, and Lionbridge.) 1992-1996.
- Editor-in-Chief Swedish version of Microsoft Encarta 1999-2002 (when MS decided not to update the Swedish version any more).
- Co-founder, Board Director and Contents Manager of publishing company Bok & webb AB (later sold to Gleerups) 2001-2004.
- Free-lance lecturer and consultant within publishing (concept development, business strategies etc) 2004-
- Uses Trados, MS Office, Windows 7 on several computers.
- Analytical, intelligent and fast working. Good at terminology research.
- In-depth terminology knowledge in many fields, ranging from computers and technology to life sciences, medicine, management and economics.
- Excellent language and communication skills (fluent Swedish and English, understands spoken and written Danish and Norwegian).
- Experienced commercial writer.
- Interests: literature, sailing, good food, travelling, history, psychology, running.