| HD-Translations - HD-Translations |
ProZ.com Professional Trainer
Local time: 06:41 BST (GMT+1)
: French (Variants: Swiss, Standard-France)
| || |
Our aim is to provide the client with a translation of quality, mirroring the original documents provided.
Main Areas of work:
Mission Statement: to provide the best quality possible, as fast as possible, for the client uttermost satisfaction.
In a competitive environment, where time, money and quality of service are paramount, we offer you complete translating, editing and DTPing services
Industries / markets / subject areas
Automotive, Engineering, Information technology, Software, Telecommunications, Biotechnology, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Energy, Environmental Engineering, Government, Manufacturing/Industrial, Medical/Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical, Metallurgy/casting, Safety, Security, Social sciences, Software (educational), Software (games), Software (multimedia).
Job / document types
Audio, Books, Brochures, Catalogs, Corporate letters, Economic/Trade materials, Flyers, Hardware, Illustrations, Labels/Packaging, Manuals, Manuals (employee), Manuals (non-technical), Manuals (technical), Software, User guides, Web sites.
Artwork/Illustrations, Consulting, Document translation, Editing, Glossary/Terminology, Project Management, Staffing/Outsourcing, Translation.
2-4 languages supported
Established in 2005
Less than 3 employees
Process / workflow description
On receipt of the documents, they are checked for defining technical issues that may arise and technicality of the work required.
A quote, which indicates the highest possible price for the estimated work entailed is given to the client.
Upon approval and determination of the modalities and particularities of the mission, the files are prepared for translation, translated, , externally proofread, QAed, exported, edited, DTPed and finally submitted to the client.
Our QA process contains some options which define the amount of involvement and control the client can have on the work process.
- [Option] for specific works, glossaries can be created after the 1st phase of the translation process. These glossaries are then sent to the client for approval. This vetting will be then applied during the QA process to ensure terminology uniformity.
- Terminology check: after the 1st phase of translation, the terminology is checked for consistence, accuracy and uniformity.
- External proofreading. The translated files (after terminology uniformity check) are sent to a third party with any relevant documentation from the client for a 1st stage polishing of grammar and style.
- CAT tool QA. Back from proofreading, the text is once more checked for numbers, spacing, punctuation, duplicate sentences, capitalisation and various other linguistic aspects.
- Internal pre-export proofreading. The text is once more proofread before export.
- After the DTP process, a final check is made on the translated document to ensure that the fluidity of the text.
- [Option] If TMs are required, they are done after the finalisation of the documents in aligning originals and submitted files.
On receipt of the documents, they are analysed for technical issues that may arise and the technicality of the subject matter.
An estimate detailing the various works involved (translation, DTP, Glossary creation, TM creation) and the expected timeframe for each aspect of the work is given to the client.
Once an agreement as to the works required and the price has been reached, the work starts.
Euro (EUR), Pounds sterling (GBP), U. S. dollars (USD)
Supported file types
doc, docx, eps, fm5, fm6, fm7, fm8, htm, jpeg, mif, mp3, pdf, php, ppt, pptx, psd, qxd, rtf, sgml, ttx, txt, wav, xls, xlsx, xml
Languages which this company does business in
Spanish, French, English
Project management, Translation, French into English, English into French, Technical engineering, Information Technology (IT), Visual Basic, telecommunications, user manuals, maintenance manual, website, camera, television, software, hardware, electricity, electronic, flow, flowmeter, mining, gas, agri-food, construction, architecture, building, culverts, road, infrastructure, energy, bridge, minerals and ores, DTP, FrameMaker, QuarkXpress, Photoshop, Deja Vu, Cat tool