Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Source text - English XXX News has always been, and still is, a pioneer in the publishing industry in the XXX COUNTRY. Once again we set a trend by demonstrating the journalistic practice it strives for, to be of the very highest standards of honesty and transparency expected.
Today, for the first time in the XXX, I take pride in publishing the XXX News Ethics Policy. It is a guideline for the benefit of all our staff and readers.
In doing this we not only set out clearly what is expected of our journalists, but for our readers, and indeed all who come into contact with XXX News, to understand our work practices. Should you have any reason to believe any member of staff is not abiding to our Ethics Policy it must be brought to my attention so I can determine appropriate action. By doing this, we are certain it again establishes XXX News as the most credible and reliable newspaper in the region.
Translation - Chinese 在XXX国的出版业中，《XXX新闻报》过去和现在都是开路先锋。我们为新闻事业竭尽全力，表现出最高的真诚与透明度标准，从而再次引领了新潮流。
Source text - Chinese 2006年，中国医药行业国内经营环境中的不利因素明显增多，利润增速乏力。全年医药产业实现利润总额413亿元，同比增长11.1%，处于历史低位。累计亏损企业1368家，行业亏损面为22.62%；累计亏损额44.63亿元，同比增长27.37%。在此背景下，出口成为行业发展的主推力，全年我国医药保健品出口近200亿美元，出口增速高于医药行业全年工业销售产值增速近7个百分点，出口对行业销售额和利润的贡献进一步增加。进出口贸易成为2006年医药行业发展的最大亮点。
Translation - English In 2006, disadvantageous factors for running medical business apparently emerged in the domestic market, leading to a shrink in profits. The total net profit of the medical industry reached to 41.3 billion yuan with an increase of 11.1% on a year-on-year basis, the lowest in history. A total of 1368 enterprises, occupying 22.62% of the trade, suffered from losses incurred. The loss was up to 4.463 billion yuan, increased by 27.37% on a year-on-year basis. With such a background, export trade became the main engine that drove the development of the industry. The amount of export of medicines and health-care products reached about USD 20 billion. The rate of increase was 7% more than that in the annual sales value output of the medical trade. Export gave an important input to the gross sales and profits on sales. All in all, international trade made a significant contribution to the development of medical trade in 2006.
Brand owner： （hereinafter referred to as “Party A”）
Agent： （hereinafter referred to as “Party B”）
On the basis of the principle of mutual benefits and development and the acknowledgement of the value and market prospect of Party A’s clothing brands and Party B’s management capacity, through friendly negotiation, this contract is made and entered into by and between Party A and Party B to entrust Party B with production and sales of Party A’s clothing brands on terms and conditions mutually agreed upon as follows:
I. Party A’s rights and obligations:
1. Party A hereby appoints Party B to act as his exclusive production agent of the clothing brand ____________ in the Chinese mainland and his exclusive sales agent in the territory _________ during the period from ______(DD/MM/YY) to ______(DD/MM/YY) .
2. Party A should be legally qualified for clothing production and sales, boast a professional team who initiate clothing brands, provide at least 200 self-designed clothing patterns per two consecutive seasons (namely six months), and guarantee validity of copyrights of the patterns involved.
3. Party A should order from Party B an average of at least 200 pieces per pattern per two consecutive seasons (namely six months).
4. Party A should pay Party B _______ RMB yuan for interior decoration once and for all.
5. Party A is liable for entering into active cooperation with Party B in terms of production and sales of the clothing brand involved. Party A should designate a representative responsible for monitoring and supporting Party B when Party B begins his inbound marketing.
II. Party B’s rights and obligations:
(I) Production agent’s rights and obligations
1、 Party B is fully authorized to arrange production in the Chinese mainland based on clothing patterns provided by Party A. Party B should choose carefully manufacturers with sophisticated production level and reasonable production costs and exercise strict control over production costs.
2、 There should be full communication between Party A and Party B regarding production and processing. Party B should produce based on clothing patterns provided by Party A and has the right to make appropriate modifications to the clothing patterns involved based on actual market demands whereas Party B should guarantee that he will not copy or provide the clothing patterns for any and all third parties for production and sales.
(II) Sales agent’s rights and obligations
1. Party B is fully authorized for sales of the clothing brand involved in the authorized territory, including promotion of the reputation of the clothing brand, expansion of the market for Party A’s products via various publicity channels, and mutual benefits. Party B’s sales efforts are divided into two steps, namely, direct outbound marketing and then inbound marketing after a comprehensive marketing plan is made.
2. Party B should offer Party A three fixed work locations for year-round use including the export-oriented exhibition hall, the domestic market-oriented exhibition hall and the logistics and distribution center, and should provide Party A’s representative with locations for accommodation and office use.
3. Party B’s outbound marketing:
（1） Party B should start a full marketing campaign on behalf of Party A since this contract is duly signed by the parties hereto.
（2） Party B is fully authorized to export and market directly a series of products under Party A’s clothing brand involved, organize and arrange the outbound marketing of the products and cover operational fee involved, including on-site exhibitions, staff costs and current expenditure.
4. Party B’s inbound marketing:
（1） Party B should recruit Party A’s franchised shops in China’s major and medium cities on behalf of Party A and guarantee that Party A’s clothing brand involved may take up merited market shares in China rapidly.
（2） Party B should invest an average of at least 500,000 RMB yuan per season (namely three months) as operating expenses, which covers on-site exhibitions, staff costs, promotions, current expenditure, and accommodation and office costs of Party A’s staff with salary excluded.
（3） Party B shall adopt the method of promotion through joint efforts by multiple brands to develop the sales network of Party A’s clothing brand involved. Party B shall carry out a package of preferential policies to recruit and manage domestic agents and franchised shops. Party B’s investment in Party A’s clothing brand involved shall not exceed one million RMB yuan if the clothing brand fails to be accepted by the market due to its design.
III. Payment terms
(I) Payment for production agent of a series of products under the clothing brand involved
1. The parties hereto should check and confirm ex-factory prices and unit selling prices after the parties confirm manufacturing samples.
2. Party B is fully authorized to arrange production and processing based on the clothing samples and manufacturing output confirmed by Party A.
3. Unit selling prices should be decided jointly by the parties hereto in accordance with the profit mark-up and be divided into unit selling prices for outbound marketing and for inbound marketing:
(1) Unit selling prices for outbound marketing include the most preferential unit selling prices for outbound marketing and normal unit selling prices for outbound marketing:
① The most preferential unit selling prices for outbound marketing, namely ex-factory prices plus 5% profit mark-up, should only be offered to Party A for marketing;
② Normal unit selling prices for outbound marketing should be ex-factory prices plus 10% to 20% profit mark-up.
(2) Unit selling prices for inbound marketing should be ex-factory prices plus 50% to 80% profit mark-up.
4. Payment for products and expenses arising from production and processing should be paid by Party B on behalf of Party A. The payment and expenses involved should be disbursed first when the parties hereto settle profits on sale gained from brand operation.
(II) Payment for production agent of clothes for Party A’s own marketing
1. Party B acts as the agent to manufacture and process clothing patterns which Party A sells on his own each season. Party A should give a formal order to Party B by means of fax and emails and allow Party B four months as the stock-to-make period. Party B should make a prompt delivery to Party A at the most preferential unit selling prices for outbound marketing.
2. Before giving an order, Party A should prepay Party B 20% of total payment for products involved at ex-factory prices as guarantee deposits. The general deposits serve as fixed earnest money deposit of each order made by Party A in the following way: Party A pays 20% of total payment for products involved at ex-factory prices as guarantee deposits when he makes the first order. The guarantee deposits continue to serve as guarantee deposits for the next order due to continuity of manufacturing. When the total payment for the next order exceeds that for the former one, Party A should cover the margin between guarantee deposits of the two orders. When the total payment for the next order is lower than that for the former one, Party B shall not return the margin between guarantee deposits of the two orders. Party B should make an interest-free return to Party A of all the guarantee deposits involved when the contract expires.
3. Party A should pay the total payment for products involved promptly when Party B finishes all delivery, shipping and handover procedures involved in accordance with Party A’s demands.
(III) Settlement and distribution of profits on sale gained from brand operation
1. Operating profits gained by the parties hereto should be settled twice a year, namely in July for the settlement of operating profits gained in the first half of the year and in January for the settlement of operating profits gained in the second half of the previous year. Meanwhile, the operating profits involved should be settled in two categories, namely the settlement of profits gained from outbound marketing and that of profits gained from inbound marketing. Party B shall be liable for settling and distributing the profits involved based on actual data.
2. Settlement and distribution of profits gained from outbound marketing:
After ex-factory costs are deducted from actual net sales gained from outbound marketing, Party B shall be responsible for distributing the profits involved in the following sequence:
(1) Export quota management fee for outbound marketing, customs clearance fee involved and transportation insurance premium.
(2) Value-added tax and taxes involved which are required by Chinese taxation laws and regulations.
(3) Party B’s manufacturing management fee, namely 5% of ex-factory costs, to serve as the basic service fee charged by Party B for manufacturing management.
3. Settlement and distribution of profits gained from inbound marketing:
Actual net turnover should be calculated based on actual sales from all domestic sales agents and franchised shops and net income from disposal of stocks. Gross profits on sale should be figured out on the basis of the turnover minus ex-factory costs. Party B shall be responsible for distributing the profits involved in the following sequence:
(1) 5% of regional actual sales for regional sales agents involved as their commission;
(2) 10% of actual sales for franchised shops as their subsidies for disposal of seasonal stocks;
(3) Payment of value-added tax and taxes involved which are required by Chinese taxation laws and regulations;
(4) 5% of actual sales for Party B as management and operating fee. When the fee does not amount to 500,000 RMB yuan a season (namely three months), a total of 500,000 RMB yuan should be distributed to Party B. When the fee exceeds 500,000 RMB yuan a season, 5% of actual sales should be distributed to Party B.
4. Net profit distribution between Party A and Party B:
(1) When there is no profit in the settlement for a certain half of a year and book losses arise, there should not be profits distributed between the parties hereto. The losses will be made up for in the settlement for the next half year. Profit distribution should not be made until there are accumulative profits.
(2) When there are profits in the settlement for a certain half of a year, the parties hereto should distribute the net pre-tax profits involved among themselves equally and the distribution should be finished within 30 days after the settlement for the next half year.
IV. Other terms and conditions
1. If the parties hereto are satisfied with their cooperation, preferred consideration will be given to renew the contract when it expires.
2. Party B has the right to terminate the contract with Party A directly when Party B’s business losses arising from his investment in Party A’s clothing brand involved exceed one million RMB yuan.
3. This contract should be terminated in case Party A fails to supply clothing patterns promptly or cancel orders of clothes for outbound marketing and no agreement can be reached between the parties hereto.
V. Supplementary articles
1. Any dispute arising from the execution of this contract shall be settled through friendly consultations. In case no agreement can be reached, the case in dispute shall then be submitted in accordance with China’s legal procedures.
2. The parties hereto may sign supplementary agreements upon matters not mentioned herein. All of such agreements are of the same effect as this contract.
3. This contract is signed in duplication, of which one copy shall be retained by each party. This contract, when duly signed and sealed by the parties hereto, shall come into effect.
Party A: Party B:
English to Chinese: electrical water heater manual
Source text - English ELECTRIC WATER HEATER Installing and Operating Instructions
THE WARRANTY ON THIS WATER HEATER IS IN EFFECT ONLY WHEN THE HEATER IS INSTALLED AND OPERATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH LOCAL CODES AND THESE INSTRUCTIONS, THE MANUFACTURER OF THIS HEATER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE INSTRUCTIONS. READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE STARTING.
Select a location accessible to water lines and power supply where the floor is level. Do not locate the heater where water lines could be subjected to freezing temperatures. It is recommended that the heater be located near the center of greatest hot water usage to prevent heat loss through the pipes. Locate the heater so that access panels and drain valves are accessible.
THE HEATER MUST BE LOCATED IN AN AREA WHERE LEAKAGE OF THE TANK OR CONNECTIONS WILL NOT RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE AREA ADJACENT TO THE HEATER OR TO LOWER FLOORS OF THE STRUCTURE. WHEN SUCH LOCATIONS CAN'T BE AVOIDED, A SUITABLE DRAIN PAN MUST BE INSTALLED UNDER THE HEATER. SUCH PAN MUST BE AT LEAST 1 1/2" DEEP, HAVE A MINIMUM LENGTH AND A WIDTH AT LEAST 2" GREATER THAN THE DIAMETER OF THE HEATER, AND SHOULD BE PIPED TO AN ADEQUATE DRAIN.
Do not use or store gasoline or other flammable vapors, liquids, or materials in the vicinity of this or any other appliance.
Before proceeding with the installation, close the main water supply valve, open a water faucet to relieve the house pressure and then close the faucet.
DO NOT TURN ON ELECTRICAL CURRENT TO WATER HEATER UNTIL TANK HAS BEEN COMPLETELY FILLED WITH WATER. OPEN SEVERAL HOT WATER FAUCETS TO ALLOW AIR TO ESCAPE FROM THE SYSTEM WHILE THE HEATER IS FILLING. THE HEATING ELEMENTS WILL BURN OUT IF NOT IMMERSED IN WATER.
FOR YOUR SAFETY BE AWARE THIS WATER HEATER IS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HOT WATER AT A TEMPERATURE SUFFICIENT ENOUGH TO CAUSE SCALDING INJURY. READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATING THIS UNIT.
Translation - Chinese 家用电热水器安装使用说明书
Having been in the profession for more than 7 years, I have dedicated to provide the best service I could to my client.
Words that could describe me:
My translation works worth a thousand words which would brag about how well I've done.
Keywords: translation, English to Chinese translation, Chinese to English translation, 翻译，中译英，英译中