2442, boul. Édouard-Montpetit, Montréal
128 édouard, Victoriaville
(819) 758-8922 ; email@example.com
Bilingual writer, translator and composer
• Bacc études cinématographiques et littérature comparée (literature and cinema)
• Several years experience as a writer (many writing project and over 1000 music reviews)
• Several months of experience as an English-French and French-English translator
• Composition quality acknowledged by quality music composers and experience for a wide range of instruments (clarinets, flutes, oboe, accordion, violin, cello, harp, guitars, traditional percussions, etc.) http://www.freakywaves.com/vb/Vincent/music.htm
Creation and artistic sensitivity
• Six complex albums (6) composed with my own method ; http://www.freakywaves.com/
• Singing with my own, unique vocal timbre and developed with superconscious vocal colors
• Important knowledge of the history of arts (music, cinéma, literature)
• Live performance, between performance singing and contemporary dance
• Movie script writing with literature density
• Poetry writing, playing with language, between French and English
• Cover art made out of pictures not related to each others
• Web sites programming and design
• Publicities for independent newspapers
Oral and written communication / Customer service
• Perfect fluency (oral, written) in French and English
• English-French and French-English translator
• Writer of music reviews and articles about cinema
• Making difficult music more accessible in other people minds
• Enthusiastic communicator about art
• Being interested by customers to best orient them toward what they want
• Novels reading and vocal placement for blind people
• Writing : MS Office (Word, Excel et PowerPoint), Open Office 2.0, Antidote ;
• Infographism : Adobe (FrameMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign), QuarkXPress, Oxygen ;
• Sound design and video editing : Sonic Foundry (Sound Forge, Acid Pro, Vegas), Final Cut Pro, Nuendo, Native Instruments – Reaktor, ACT [...] ;
• Musical and lyrical project Forecast Proof
August to December 2009
• Musical arranger for songwriters
• Translation English-French for Pop Montréal 2009 / Electroacoustic Vocal Concert
September 2009 / October 2009
• English-French Translation for Plush Text.
• Rewriting movie script La savante devait dominer for publication, Éditions Dédicaces
June to mid-July 2009
• Voluntary work for magnétothèque de Victoriaville (Québec). Reading novels for blind people.
(Malte, Hoffmann, Shakespeare, Diderot...).
Since june 2009.
• Lyrics writing and music composition for the personal project Audiomachie/Logomachie,
From November 8th 2008 to mid-June 2009.
• English-French translation for SDI Media (cinema and subtitling)
Since August 2008
• Helping ticket buyers, Faculté de musique de l'Université de Montréal (Claude Champagne)
• Live shows, vocal performance over electroacoustic music ; i) in solo for Pop Montréal 2008 (Montréal, Québec) ; ii) in duo at la Casa Del Popolo [...]
October 2008 ; July 2008
• Messagerie ADP at Salon du livre de Montréal (Québec)
• Translation English-French and French-English for Martin Bernard (translator)
May to August 2006
• Short movie Optimisme Irrational (2007-08) was prepared with director Christian Lalumière (http://www.christianlalumiere.com/) ; in 2009, a producer is working with us.
2006-08 : Université de Montréal
Bacc – etudes cinématographiques et littérature comparée (done in May 2009)
other classes in contemporary dance and diction (normative French)
2006 : Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
Programme court - Communication écrite
2003-04 : Université Laval, Québec
Certificat - Communication publique
Initiation à la presse écrite (JOU-14585), Presse écrite (JOU-15972) ; photographer and website designer for l'Exemplaire newspaper
Collaboration to the students newspaper Impact Campus ; reviews and articles in the arts section and live show organization
From French to English :
• Devis Fort George d'Hydro-Québec (July 2006, 5415 words)
• Manuel de formation S.30 de l'Équipe Fontaine ; vanne de modèle S.30 (2180 words)
• Plan D'affaires détaillé 2006 des Opérations au Québec (4597 words)
I am looking for these jobs......................................
Full time is a priority : librarian, customer service, office clerk, writer, corrector, translator, composer, sound designer, sound post-production
Translation : mostly English to French ; 5 000 words / day ; 0.10 $ can by word ; Media Subtitler ; Power Translator ; Trados 7 ; wordictionary ; dictionnaire terminologique ; OpenOffice.org ; Antidote ; .gc.ca web pages ; send me your tests !
• About my electronic songs recognized by quality composers. Here is the most beautiful compliment. It is about my musical production during the 2003-05 period :
"In the course of a lifetime, one encounters very few major musical talents. Vincent Bergeron is one of those few, a unique composer who is at the forefront of musical thinking. I respect his music professionally and I admire it personally. I find it deeply impressive on every level--musical, intellectual, and emotional."
Professor Emeritus, Brooklyn College of the City University of New York
Director Emeritus, Center for Computer Music at Brooklyn College
Presentation letter in brief......................................
My diverse knowledge in arts is only one of my main strengths. Acousmatic (electroacoustic) songs composition is building my artistic intelligence since 10 years. My great listening capacity (musical and social) and my experience as a writer are making me better in French.
First interested by a career in cultural journalism, I completed a certificat in public communication at Université Laval. After, I learned pragmatic tricks a professional writer should know by following the short program in writing communication at l'Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières. Curious, I also studied in a multidisciplinary program.