Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Russian to English - Rates: 0.05 - 0.07 USD per word / 45 - 50 USD per hour English to Russian - Rates: 0.05 - 0.07 USD per word / 45 - 50 USD per hour Bengali to English - Rates: 0.05 - 0.07 USD per word / 45 - 50 USD per hour English to Bengali - Rates: 0.05 - 0.07 USD per word / 45 - 50 USD per hour
I am currently an Associate Professor of Russian & English languages, literature and cultures, and a core faculty at the US Air Force Academy. I have a Masters’ in Russian, French & English (Moscow Linguistic University, 1982), Masters’ in Russian Literature (U of Albany, 1983), Ph.D. in Slavic Languages & Literature (U of Michigan, 1990), and M.Ed. in International Education Policy (Harvard University, 2006).
I have been working with professional translation for over twenty years and have extensive experience of translating from English into Russian and from Russian into English, and from English into Bengali & from Bengali into English in an wide range of areas: literary, technical and other professional areas of expertise. From the list below, and from my Resume, you'll notice that I have translated dozens of professional articles, numerous books. In the area of free-lance translation, I have done hundreds of projects from English into Russian and from Russian into English.
I have been a faculty member at numerous U.S. universities including at Oberlin College, Georgetown University, Wayne State University, University of Michigan and Colgate University prior to joining the USAF Academy. Dr. Khan has twice been a Junior Fulbright Fellow (Moscow), and a Fellow of American Council on Education (ACE). Currently, I am serving at various committees at the USAF Academy, and as the Co-Chair of the World Languages Committee at the Colorado Department of Education. I am a member of over a dozen professional organizations including WAIS (World Association of International Scholars) at Stanford University; I am a regular contributor to various national and international conferences. I frequently consults in international education policy formulation, especially for primary and secondary schools in developing countries and on the issues of girls’ education. Below is a summary of my credentials:
* 25 years of teaching experience as an academic, and faculty in English & Russian languages, literature and cultures, world literature & Great Books, Second-language (ESL) & Cultural acquisition, Composition and Rhetoric, and Business & Communication
* 10 years’ experience in free-lance translation of texts from Russian to English, English to Russian (Technical, literary, medical, computer and other areas)
* Over 7 literary and technical books translated from Russian into English
* Top-rated English & Russian instructor at USAFA, Colgate & Wayne State University from basic to graduate level courses
* Experienced authority in curriculum development in English for ESL students
* Experienced SAT instructor. Established academic authority in international education policy of developing nations
* Native language: English; Russian 4/4/4 or above. French 2/3/3. Conversational in Hindi, Urdu, German, Italian and Serbian and Arabic.
* Skilled in computer applications, instructional software and database.
Keywords: Tranlsation services, English to Russian, Russian to English, English to Bengali, Bengali to English, oral and written translation of Russian and English, medical, computer, technical, manuscripts, business texts, financial, legal documents, childrens' books, film, immigration translator, court translator, airport interpreter,