Education. English to French course books and audio visual display material.
Marine - in all forms including navigation (Owned 2 boatyards).
Computing in all areas including building, troubleshooting, applications.
Tennis and swimming.
Photography (as a former sports photographer).
Travel and tourism, including working full time in Germany, Italy, France, Holland and Belgium.
Manuscripts, CVs etc.
Farming and agriculture (having owned a small farm)
Architecture and building. (having worked for architects for 6 years)
1. Italian to English - a trade brochure dealing with boilers and thermostats. Emergency assignment in 24 hours, formatted in newspaper columns with photo spaces preserved.
2. Two novels, one of 250 double space A4 pages, and the other similar, of 650 pages, Italian to English.
3. Visitors centre 8-page leaflet from English to Italian for Goss Challenger (Team Philips) Project. Although usually I do not translate into anything but my mother tongue, I translated the above leaflet into Italian with an Italian colleague proof reading. I did this for no payment, as a favour to an interesting project; otherwise I would never translate in that direction.
4. Medical paper on spinal columns. (I do not normally do medical but this was an urgent favour). (French)
5. Operating instructions for computer application (Italian)
6. A play, from French to English. I am now translating a second play for the same client.
7. French newsletter about cued speech for the deaf, for an English Association, ongoing.
8. A Last will and testament (French to English).
9. Engineering and Building Specification for a car engine testing plant (Italian).
Fee and throughput are both negotiable. Terms of payment are usually 30 days after receipt of invoice unless otherwise specified.
Throughput very generally would be ideally maximum 3000 words per day for translations, for a high quality product always depending on the kind of text. However, I can do more, when required.