Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
CV available upon request
I was working as a Japanese-English (English-Japanese) translator at manufacturing companies (printers and weaving machines) for 4 years, and have been working as a freelance translator for 2 years.
Here are the main assignments that I have been doing as a translator at company:
1. Translating e-mails and fax letters concerning the claims from oversea customers and also the countermeasures proposed by the company.
2. Inputting product specifications and instruction manuals.
3. Translating engineering change notices and requests.
4. Issuing of the commercial invoices and shipping documents to deliver the products to oversea customers.
As a freelancer,
1. English to Japanese: Translating the service information about automobile, homepage of sports sunglasses shop, and blog written by American people.
2. Japanese to English: Translating an instruction manual, delivery specifications, and trouble shooting sheets for machines (flexible cables, excel filters, serial ATA bridge chip, electric screwdrivers, and reverse-roll coating machines, etc.)
Regular assignments under a long-term contract would be highly appreciated for better business relationship between agency and translator.