Alex Bruce Hinokuchi
3001 W. Walnut Hill Lane #2010, Irving, TX 75038 ph. (972)258-6817
Objective: Good understanding of cultural background for translating for business and socially it related subjects as well. Deep and careful observation of translation works based on the good command of English and on extensive research.
Experience: A freelance translator/writer (2004 – present)
Recently assigned by Hitachi Corp. “Conditions of Handling Products” from Japanese to English.
Best Western, Irving, TX (2001) – Night Auditor
• Assigned a clear-cut procedure for Night Audit and corrected daily transactions.
Marriott Residence Inn, Las Colinas, TX (1999 – 2001) – Night Auditor
• Extensively reviewed the entire area of management and covered over 2,000 pages of operation manuals.
Baymont Inn, Grapevine, TX (1998 – 1999) – Night Auditor
• Performed a general Night Audit duties and maintained cash/bank reconciliation.
Temporary positions, Irving, TX (1993 – 1997)
E & T Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan – Manager Trainee for Accounting Dept.
• Collected Accounts Receivables for $600,000.00 within 6 months.
• Supervised domestic and foreign account and rebuilt strengths of the finance.
• Translated business contract etc… for the foreign operations.
Jookoo Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan (1989 – 1991) - Import/Export Assistant Section Mgr.
• Responsible for extensive translation projects such as a manual for a medical instrument and blood test kits.
Velbon Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan (1990 – 1991) – Import clerk
• Assisted and translated various foreign business documentation
Education: Senshu University, Tokyo, Japan (1979 – 1983)
• B.A. Commerce – Highly acknowledged for my teaching potentialities by a couple of professors.
Rate requested: $0.07 - $0.10
Alex Bruce Hinokuchi
3001 W. Walnut Hill Lane #2010
Irving, TX 75038
B.A. Commerce – Senshu University, Tokyo, Japan
I am planning to a M.A. for language and other social related subjects for the betterment of my future translation.
Years of Experiences:
I am a native-born Japanese and U.S. citizen and am bilingual in both Japanese and English, being a residence in the United States since 1993. I am intensively studious, comprehensively diligent, and accurate. Love to study and research extended subjects such as Classics, Social Thoughts, and other general subjects, etc… I am also interested in writing as a freelance writer.
Japanese> English – Translates a Factory Plant’s documentations for importation of a camera tripod company.
English>Japanese – Translates a medical supply company’s blood kits license for government; license permitted.
English>Japanese – Translates the above company’s instructional specifications booklet for a blood analyzer equipment.
Japanese>English - Translates a small academic commentary (approx. 120 pages): Consideration of the future publication.