Member since Dec '10
English to Dutch
| Tammo Kamminga |
Local time: 07:30 CET (GMT+1)
: Dutch (Variant: Netherlands)
| || |
clients and colleagues
on Willingness to Work Again
|1 positive entry|
| Freelancer, Verified member |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, MT post-editing|
|Science (general)||Mechanics / Mech Engineering|
|Chemistry; Chem Sci/Eng||Engineering (general)|
|Computers (general)||Mathematics & Statistics|
|Also works in:|
|Engineering: Industrial||Petroleum Eng/Sci|
|Construction / Civil Engineering||Automotive / Cars & Trucks|
| EUR |
| PRO-level points: 34, Questions answered: 13, Questions asked: 2 |
|Wire transfer, Visa, MasterCard, American Express|
|Years of translation experience: 9. Registered at ProZ.com: Nov 2007. Became a member: Dec 2010.|
|Adobe Acrobat, MemoQ, Microsoft Office Pro, SDL TRADOS, SDLX|
|CV available upon request|
| Tammo Kamminga endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
In February 2008 I started working as a freelance technical translator. Until then I've been employed in several industrial companies for a total of about 12 years and had an additional 3 years experience as a Physics teacher. I started translating part time, beside my job at Emerson. October 2008 I went full time, because the good feedback gave me confidence to take the leap. I'd like to focus on good quality and a pleasant relationship with my clients.
Technical Translations English -> Dutch
I'm specialized in English to Dutch translations of technical documentation and have built up a group of regular customers, mainly agencies, through which I translate for big companies like Shell, Exxon, Honda, Xerox, Leica, etc. Of course delivering quality and having satisfied customers is important to me. I work with professional translation tools, like Trados and MemoQ, and very acceptable rates.
BSc. degree in Technical Physics EDUCATION & EXPERIENCEFrom 2008 till present:
- Founded Brocado Vertalingen
- Some endclients via agencies: Apple, Xerox, Toyota, Honda, Casio, Konica Minolta, HP, Tele2, Bausch & Lomb, Sperian, Exxon, Shell, Caterpillar, Epson, Canon, etc.
- Some agencies: SDL International, Language Intelligence, Applied Language, Orchestra, etc.
- Technical training material for industrial plants (Shell, Exxon)
- Operator Manuals for wind turbines, tractors, chemical plants, etc.
- Software Localization
- User Manuals for printers, copiers, calculators, etc.
- Operator manuals for technicians in the automotive industry
- User Manuals for wind machines, spray guns, industrial mixers, gas detectors, etc.
- User Manuals for household/domestic appliances
- Etc. etc.
- Application Support Engineer & Technical Trainer at Emerson Process Management
- BA degree in Teaching physics and chemistry
- Physics teacher in highschool
Research & Development Engineer at Instromet Ultrasonics
Traveled the world
Research & Development Engineer at Océ Technologies B.V.
BSc. degree in Technical Physics
Secondary Technical School: Mechanical Engineering
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
|Total pts earned: 36|
PRO-level pts: 34
|English to Dutch||34|
|Top general fields (PRO)|
|Top specific fields (PRO)|
|Mechanics / Mech Engineering||18|
See all points earned >
Keywords: translator, translation, experienced, proofreading, localization, science, engineering, industry, industrial processes, memoQ, Trados, Word, manuals, automotive, general, metrology
Profile last updated