Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
English to Korean: New York State Office of The Attorney General
Source text - English Dear New Yorker:
Our immigrant communities are an important component of the rich cultural fabric of New York State. Their many daily contributions allow our state to be recognized as the world’s capital of diversity, achievement, and opportunity.
Unfortunately, many immigrants who lawfully seek to adjust their immigration status are victimized by fraudulent immigration service providers. The consequences can be devastating.
This brochure is designed to inform you about your rights and options under the law and we hope you will use this information to protect yourself as you build your future in New York.
Translation - Korean 뉴욕 주민 귀하:
저희 이민자 사회는 뉴욕주의 풍부한 문화적 직물의 중요한 부분입니다. 이민자들의 기여 덕택에 뉴욕주가 다양성, 성취 및 기회의 세계적인 수도로 괄목 받게 되었습니다.
불행히도, 체류 신분을 합법적으로 변경하려는 많은 이민자가 사기성 이민 수속 대행사의 피해자가 됩니다. 그 결과는 절망적일 수 있습니다.
본 안내책자는 법에 따른 귀하의 권리와 선택사항을 홍보하고자 디자인되었습니다. 뉴욕에서 귀하의 미래를 건설하면서 귀하를 보호하도록 본 정보를 이용하시기 바랍니다.
English to Korean: Korean Journal of Laboratory Medicine, 2007; 27: 338-348 Detailed field: Medical (general)
Source text - English 56세 남자 환자로 두개 내 출혈로 응급수술 후 예방적으로 orfil syrup 900 mg을 매일 복용 중이었다. 객담배양에서 Pseudomonas aeruginosa가 배양되어 06년 12월 29일부터 meropenem 을 투여하기 시작하였다. Meropenem 투약 3일 전에 측정한 VPA의 혈중 농도는 36.9 g/mL였으나 meropenem 투약 8일째 측정 결과 측정 하한 농도인 3.2 g/mL 이하로 91% 이상 감소하였다. Meropenem은 17일간 투여 후 다른 항생제로 교체되었고 그 후의 VPA 혈중 농도 추적 검사는 시행하지 않아 VPA 혈중 농도의 회복 여부는 알 수 없었다. 한편 meropenem투약 기간 동안 간질 발작은 없었다.
Translation - Korean A 56-year-old male patient was given Orfil syrup 900 mg per day as a preventative measure after emergency surgery due to intracranial hemorrhage. Pseudomonas aeruginosa was cultured from the patient's sputum and administration of meropenem was initiated on December 29, 2006. The VPA serum level was 36.9 g/mL on day 3 prior to meropenem administration but on day 8 of meropenem administration was below the detection limit of 3.2 g/mL and had decreased by more than 91%. Meropenem was replaced by another antibiotic after 17 days’ administration. It is unknown if serum VPA levels recovered since no follow-up of VPA serum levels was performed. On the other hand, there were no epileptic seizure activities during the administration of meropenem.
We provide total language services in English and Korean!!
Specialized in the following areas:
1) Medicine/Medical devices: Clinical trial protocols, Informed consent forms, medical device manuals, research articles, case reports, medical claims, new drug application, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and others.
2) Life sciences: Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Virology, Immunology, Biotechnology, and others
3) Education: Academic credentials, transcripts, test materials, lesson plans, notices, and others
4) US Immigration: visa documents, certificates (birth, marriage, divorce, death, degree, license, employment and more), tax forms and others
Translated documents will be proofread by the native (Korean or American).
We are a Korean-American couple who understands multicultural life and lives peacefully in the coexistence of Korean and American in-laws. He is a researcher in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology and she is a certified science teacher in Illinois (also certified pharmacy tech).
Ten Selected Projects:
1) Participated in MIXER multi-language telephone speech study, supporting linguistic research, technology development and education conducted by the Linguistic Data Consortium at the University of Pennsylvania.
2) Translated the ostomy product manuals for adult and pediatric patients, global validation protocols, and confidentiality agreement, Hollister Incorporated (EN>KO).
3) Translated Rape Crisis Brochure, New Jersey Coalition Against Sexual Assault (EN>KO).
4) Translated the brochure for Hepatitis B antiviral therapy, Novartis Pharmaceuticals (EN>KO).
5) Worked as a Google part-time quality rater who evaluates search results (KO and EN) and rates their relevance based on the criteria Google, Inc. has developed.
6) Translated a brochure for the new liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry system (MassTrak Systems), Waters Corporation (EN>KO).
7) Proofread a handbook for domestic violence victims, Washington D.C Metropolitan Police Department (MPDC) (KO>KO).
8) One-year service contract to translate technical manuals for Monsanto Company in USA (EN>KO).
9) Translated subway posters, warning signs, fare information, delay announcements, emergency and evacuation instructions, and bus line information, State of New York Metropolitan Authority (MTA) New York City Transit (EN>KO).
10) Evaluated Korean translators, New York City Department of Education.
Community Activities: 1) Liaison between the Rockwood School District and Saint Louis Korean community to recruit performers for Multi-Cultural Day at Marquette High School. 2) Interpreter (KO>EN) for Sunday service, Korean churches, Saint Louis, MO, USA. 3) Guest speaker (English) for the multi-cultural day at Elementary/Middle schools in IL, USA. 4) Korean language teacher, Korean church, Orland Park, IL, USA. 5) Sunday School Teacher (English), Korean church, Orland Park, IL, USA. 6) Volunteer interpreter for community services (EN>KO, KO>EN), Saint Louis and Chicago, USA.
CAT tools: 1) SDL Trados Studio 2015 Professional 2) Atril Déjà Vu X3 Professional 3) Across Translator Edition v6.3 4) Kilgray MemoQ 2015 and MemoQ 9.2
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.