I am familiar with all aspects of translation and localization projects as I have worked as a technical writer, documentation and localization coordinator, and translator.
Currently, I provide:
- Translations English-Finnish
- Proofreading of Finnish texts
I have translated various types of texts on different subject areas, for example:
- Documentation for business software (document mgmt, CRM, helpdesk, inventory mgmt, invoicing, quality mgmt)
- PC and console games and manuals for them
- Online help files (computer hardware and software)
- Software for MS Windows and IBM/Lotus Notes environments
- Manuals for television sets, dvd players, digital video cameras, etc.
- Manuals for office equipment
- Installation and user instructions for a large fire alarm system
- Financial information (stock exchange releases, annual reports)
- Legal documents (agreements, offers, witness statements)
- Marketing materials (bulletins, customer magazines, press releases, web site content)
- Documentation for telecommunications hardware and software
- Mobile phone manuals
As a technical writer, I have documented several versions of a Lotus Notes-based CRM (customer relationship management) system and edited documentation for other software, both for MS Windows and for Lotus Notes.