The person shown here is a basic user of this site. He or she may be contacted directly for language-related services. |
Portuguese to English
Spanish to English
| course5303 |
Local time: 08:35 GMT (GMT+0)
| || |
clients and colleagues
on Willingness to Work Again
|No feedback collected|
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
| This person has a SecurePRO™ card. Because this person is not a ProZ.com Plus subscriber, to view his or her SecurePRO™ card you must be a ProZ.com Business member or Plus subscriber. |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Voiceover (dubbing), Subtitling, MT post-editing, Transcription|
|Materials (Plastics, Ceramics, etc.)||Poetry & Literature|
|Cinema, Film, TV, Drama||Aerospace / Aviation / Space|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Journalism|
|Also works in:|
|Livestock / Animal Husbandry|
Portuguese to English - Rates: 0.04 - 0.06 EUR per word
Spanish to English - Rates: 0.04 - 0.06 EUR per word
| Questions answered: 4, Questions asked: 1 |
|Sample translations submitted: 1 |
|Portuguese to English: Portugal e o Futuro|
|Source text - Portuguese|
Em principios de Fevreiro, Spinola tem pronto o seu livro. No Governo, a ordem do dia consiste em saber se se deve ou nao proibir a sua publicacao. Caetano receia que uma medida censoria acabe por trazer piores consequencias do que a mera distribuicao publica
|Translation - English|
At the beginning of February, Spinola had completed his book. In the government, however, the main concern was deciding whether or not to prohibit its publication. Caetano was concerned that censorship might incur consequences far worse than if he were to simply allow the book to be distrubuted to the public.
|Years of translation experience: 57. Registered at ProZ.com: Aug 2008.|
Offer of Translation Services, PORTUGUESE to ENGLISH
Address: Cross Park, Ringmore, Kingsbridge, Devon TQ7 4HW UK
Telephone: (+44)1548 810151
Educated at Dragon School Oxford and Sherborne School, Dorset.
Military Service 1953/54. Commissioned in RAF. (Awarded pilot’s wings)
Degree in Agriculture. 1957
Member of the Royal Agricultural College (MRAC) 1957
Recently joined translation agency ProZ.com. 2008
· Recently translated 2009 edition of GOLDENBOOK from Portuguese to English see www.goldenbook.net References available from Dr Henrique Cerqueira email@example.com
· Translated the “Timeline Followback Method” for the the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs & Drug Addiction in 2008. References available from Mr Val Brednev of Accents Ireland Ltd, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
· Former Director of Sociedade Agricola in Portugal for 14 years.
· Expert in animal nutrition.
· Translated all correspondence between Portuguese contractors and American Sheraton Hotel Group during the building of the Sheraton Hotel in Lisbon. 1960s
· Official interpreter at International Poultry Conference, Lisbon in 1967.
· Translated Portuguese film documentary on poultry farming into English and read the voice-over. 1968
· Official translator (Portuguese to English) for a Portuguese company during extensive negotiations to buy barges and floating cranes in Rotterdam. 1975
· Set up my own import/export company dealing exclusively with Portuguese ceramic factories. 1977
· Appeared in Portuguese-speaking revue on the Lisbon stage.
· Author of popular novel “Dartmouth Conspiracy published in 1999. See Google Books.
My Present Situation
I work from home as a freelance translator specialising in medical & veterinary, agriculture, food, tourism, commerce, engineering.
Working from home I can: —
Promptly translate Portuguese text into good grammatical English.
Correct and edit faulty translations eg. hotel brochures, travel information, technical data, news and all types of English prose written by native speakers of Portuguese.
Keywords: Tourism, Hotels, Engineering, Brochures, Fiction. Novels. Accuracy.
Profile last updated
Feb 2, 2009