Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Voiceover (dubbing), Training
Government / Politics
Poetry & Literature
Also works in:
Education / Pedagogy
Advertising / Public Relations
Sample translations submitted: 1
English to Spanish: Maribel's Store/La historia de Maribel
Source text - English Maribel works for Sweatshop Inc., a private homecare agency. She has worked there 12 years and speaks very little English. She wants to work full time but only gets 12 hours of work per week. Now, her manager says the company is going to cut her hours down to 8. Meanwhile, the company is hiring new workers and giving them 10 hours per day, seven days per week. Maribel knows this is not right, what can she do?
Translation - Spanish Maribel trabaja en Sweathshops, Inc., una agencia privada de cuidado del hogar. Ella ha trabajada allí para 11 años y habla poco ingles. Quiere trabajar a tiempo completo pero le dan solamente 12 horas por semana. Ahora, su director dice que van a disminuir sus horas de trabajo a solo 8 a la semana. Mientras tanto, están contratando nuevos empleados dándoles 10 horas por día, 7 días de la semana. Maribel sabe que esto no es correcto, ¿qué puede hacer?
Years of translation experience: 13. Registered at ProZ.com: Aug 2008.
• Translated/interpreted service contracts from English to Spanish.
• On-site translation (English to Spanish) for employee benefits meetings.
• Fielded troubleshooting phone calls for companies and employees whose native tongue was Spanish.
• Tutored beginner, intermediate, and advanced level Spanish language students at University of Maryland.
• Freelanced poetry translations.
• On-site transaction translations for small businesses in the College Park area.
• Translated Rene Descartes’ Discourse on the Method in to Spanish.
Keywords: native speaker, heritage speaker, cuban, literature, philosophy, business, latin america, government, ethics, law