Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Spanish to English (MA-ESL-UDLAP-Mexico) Spanish to English (MA-ESL UDLAP Mexico) English to Spanish (BA in Universidad de las Americas, Mexico) English to Spanish (MA in ESL, Universidad de las Americas, Mexico)
I. Life experience:
• Raised in Honduras of Canadian parents (simultaneous bilingual)
• Studied, worked, and lived, and worked in Mexico continuously as of 1970
• Married a Mexican (Dominant home language: Spanish)
• Founded La Leche League chapter in the city of Puebla in 1985. I have led monthly meetings, written articles, been interviewed on TV and radio, written reports and articles (in Spanish).
II. Teaching experience
• Teacher of English and Linguistics since 1978 (résumé available upon request)
• Teacher of translation 2002-2008 (English-Spanish/Spanish-English) at Universidad de las Américas Puebla (Work with a wide variety of topics and genres, from sports to movie scripts to short stories)
• Presentation at Translators’ Conference: “Don’t Waste Your Time or Mine! Showing Students the Disadvantages of Online Translation”. Jornadas Jeronimianas Internacionales en torno a la traducción, Universidad Veracruzana de Xalapa, Ver. (Mexico) Oct. 2004.
A. Spanish to English:
-A web page for an important port city, financial report for an important European company, a legal contract, etc.
• Translation and editing of a children’s book on values
• Projects for Colegio de Puebla (education, presentation at UNESCO)
• Translation for SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and UDLAP (Universidad de las Americas Puebla): education, graduation speeches, reports for SACS on accreditation, course descriptions for Internet page
• Report for WHO by the Mexican Commission on Macroeconomics and Health, Mexico 2004 (Executive Summary).
- Web site for important port
-A workbook for a Christian retreat.
-Regulations for a condominium.
-Letters regarding medical research.
B. English to Spanish:
• A manual on sustainable community development (CRWRC)
An instruction manual for a new malt-processing machine (Cervecería Cuauhtemoc beer company)
• A manual on the creation of transition primers (literacy: Spanish and Native languages) for the Summer Institute of Linguistics
• Various articles for La Leche League (breastfeeding)
• Articles for Christian magazine Alianza (news, Biblical topics, etc.)
• A Proverb a Day radio scripts (Internet site)
Co-translator of a book on breastfeeding by a well-known physician
A theological book on Jewish (O.T.) laws and their significance to Christians
A testimonial book by an Iranian who now lives in Canada.
• Editor of A Proverb a Day radio scripts (Spanish)
* Editor of a Christian magazine, Alianza (Spanish)
• 2008 Presented in Spanish “Responsibilities and Challenges of Editing”
• Editing Workshop with Mundo Hispano publishing company; September 2008 (Mexico City)
• Editing workshop with Macmillan-Heinemann publishing company, 1999.
• Frequent informal interpreting experience (church services, medical missions, workshops on breastfeeding, etc.)
• Have written numerous articles in Spanish (breastfeeding and child rearing, Christian topics, editorials, etc.)
• Numerous articles and stories published in Spanish language Prisma magazine
• Articles (English) in All about Puebla blog (culture, tourism).
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.