With more than 10 years of professional experience, I have completed various translation/localization projects for many companies and government organizations (Please see the enclosed for some of my recent translation projects). I am also a professional user of Trados and have completed many big projects with this tool.
The followings are my translation capacities for your kind consideration:
1. Native Language: Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified (my partner)
2. Experiences: 10 years of translation experiences from English to Chinese.
3. Education: BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, MS degree in Management
4. Areas of translations: IT, Software Localization, Web localization , Telecommunications, General Engineering, Marketing Materials and General topics
5. Volume: at least 2,000 words per day.
6. File formats: MS Word, Excel/PowerPoint. Can handle Software Strings, On-line Help, HTML and SGML files translations.
7. Tools and Software: Trados Workbench 3.1, Simplified Chinese Windows 98, Traditional Chinese Windows 98, MS-Office 97, MS-Office 2000, Adobe Acrobat 4.0, PageMaker6.6, FrameMaker 5.5, and Photoimpact etc.
8. DTP capacity: FrameMaker5.5, FrameMaker +sgml
My major advantages over other translators are: (1) All my translations are carefully checked and proof-read by my partner (a professional translator), to ensure my high standard of translation. (2) Strong IT and engineering background. (3) I have all the necessary tools and software for localization and translation.(4) DTP capacity
My Contact Information in Singapore:
Tel: (65) 97602695
Selected Projects done recently
1. Software Localization/Hardware manuals, Intel, USA
2. SCSI Card Manual, Adaptec
3.User Manuals for Sanyo Mobile Phone
4. Operation Manual for Panasonic Multi-functions Fax/Copier, Japan
5. Translation of E-Filing web page for Inland Revenue, Singapore Government, Singapore
6. Web translation for CalendarOne, Singapore (one of the content provider to SingaporeOne and official web publisher for Singapore Government)
7. Web localization, Compaq Printer Hong Kong
8. Web localization for Holiday Inn Hong Kong and Macao
9. Web localization for Grand Stanford Inter-Continental Hotel Hong Kong
10. TV and AV Appliances, Thomson, France
11. CellVic Travel Modem User Manual, JTEL Ltd. (The largest PDA Manufacturer in Korea)
12. User Manual of Omron Massage Chair, Japan
13. Operation Manual of Extruder for Macrom, Germany
14. IT Training Materials for Vocational Training Center, Government of Hong Kong
15. On-line Help Files for Compaq, US
16. Maintenance Manual for Sa-Jiao Power Plant Ltd., a US-Sino Joint-Venture
17. Crane Service Manual for Hong Kong China Light and Power Ltd, Hong Kong
18. Zhen Jiang Steel Plant Feasibility Study Report, from Chinese to English, 50,000 words.
19. Quality Control Manual, for Guangdong Provincial Quality Management Society
Keywords: IT, Software, Localization, Web, html localization, Telecommunications, General Engineering, Marketing, business, finance, general, trados, Framemaker, DTP, Traditional Chinese, Simplified, Hongkong, Cantonese, editing, proofread, translation , copywriting, chinese