* PhD Latin American Studies, The University of Texas at Austin
Under College of Liberal Arts-Latin American Studies
* MBA from ITESM, Mexico.
* College Degree - Economics, ITESM, Mexico
* Fulbright Scholarship.
* Scholarship from Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología, Mx.
* As a graduate student, offered pro bono editing and translation services (English-Spanish-English). Translated dissertations, theses, term papers, literary works.
* Worked as International Relations Manager, Translator and Interpreter for 3 years.
Part of my responsibilities included:
- translating business documents, manuals, correspondence, brochures,
- providing sequential and simultaneous translation at meetings, & negotiations,
- managing all communications with non-Spanish speaking costumers and suppliers,
- developing and writing monthly newsletter in English and Spanish,
- developing promotional materials in both languages.
* More than 6 years of experience teaching at the undergraduate level in Mexico and the United States, where I've lived for over 9 years.
* Spanish: Fluent
* English: Fluent
* Portuguese: excellent reading, good writing and speaking.
* German: excellent reading and translation skills --took graduate courses in German translation.