Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Slovak to English (Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic) English to Slovak (Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic) Czech to English (Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic) English (University of Cambridge, ILEC) Czech to English (Chamber of Court Appointed Int. & Trans., Prague , verified)
English to Slovak (Economic University, Experts' Institute, BA, verified) Slovak to English (Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia) English (Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia) Slovak (Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia) Czech (Masaryk University, Faculty of Law, Brno, verified)
Adobe Acrobat, Helium, Idiom, LocStudio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS
Milada Major, Bratislava, Slovakia
Sworn Translator (Slovak‹›English‹›Czech)
(appointed by the Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic)
Master of Arts in the Slovak Language and Literature and Modern Non-Slavic Philology and English Language and Literature, Comenius University, Bratislava
- Certificate in the EU Legal Terminology (intensive course on the EU law and language), Academia Istropolitana Nova, Svätý Jur, Slovak Republic;
- Certificate in Legal English for Businessmen and Managers, Valens, Bratislava, Slovak Republic;
- Certificate in the Minimum Training for Legal Translators and Interpreters, Economic University, Experts' Institute, Bratislava, Slovak Republic;
- Certificate in Criminal Law, Masaryk University, Faculty of Law, Brno, Czech Republic;
- Certificate in Law Training provided by the Chamber of Court Appointed Interpreters and Translators of the Czech Republic
- International Legal English Certificate, University of Cambridge
- Sworn translator from/into Slovak, Czech and English, Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic
- Certificate of Proficiency in Czech (C1 level)
- New Czech Code of Civil Procedure, the Chamber of Court Appointed Interpreters and Translators of the Czech Republic
- Administrative Law and Construction Law, the Chamber of Court Appointed Interpreters and Translators of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
- Law Courses, Juraj Kotrusz, lawyer and sworn translator, Nitra, Slovak Republic
Translation and Interpreting Experience:
- twenty-one years' in-house and freelance translation experience (for law firms, Slovak courts, Ministry of Justice, translation agencies and other companies and private individuals), - eight years' in-house translation experience at a bank,
- two years' in-house software localization and proofreading experience at a renowned IT company,
- teaching English and Slovak,
- consecutive and simultaneous interpreting (the SR Government Office, Ministry of Transport, Posts and Telecommunications, Ministry of Construction and Regional Development, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education, EU meetings, Národná diaľničná spoločnosť (National Highway Company), Slovenské diaľnice (Slovak Highways), SASP (Slovak Association of Insurance Brokers), IBM, corporate workshops and seminars, press conferences, etc.).
Fields of Expertise:
Law (common, civil, property, company, labour, criminal, contracts), legal correspondence, birth, marriage and death certificates, criminal records bureau disclosures, diplomas, banking, IT, and other.
English, French, linguistics, psychology, law, travelling, sightseeing, hiking, good food and wine, theatre, galleries and museums, concerts and music festivals, spa breaks, power yoga, etc.
References available on request.
This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.