| | Home
Comparing MultiTrans Prism Freelance and Déjà Vu X3
Which software is better? Here is a rundown of features and reviews to help you make your decision.
| || || |
|Name ||MultiTrans Prism Freelance ||Déjà Vu X3 |
|Review breakdown || || |
|Most helpful review || |
Would recommend itI worked on a contract of 9 months for Toys"R"Us Canada and, in the Translation department, we were using it and I learned really fast to use it. You can work directly on Ms Word and other files so it's really helpful. You can align bilingual texts for TM also. I did not experienced any crash too. Only thing, I think it's the most expensive on the market.
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
Read more reviews →
My main translation tool - everything you need in one packageI have tried quite a few tools, but I invariably return back to Dejavu. It's a complete package with most everything you need to get up to speed when translating. For a serious translator the DVX3 Pro would be the recommended version.
- When you type, AutoWrite is trying to guess for the Terminology Database what you want to write, which improves speed.
- In DVX3 you can choose if you want source and target side by side (standard), or source above target. Source above target makes it much easier to see where you are in the translation.
- Spell checker on the fly. You can right click on the words that have a wiggly line below, and change the spelling then and there.
- I fin that numbered tags makes it easier to see if they are placed correctly in target, instead of named like in some other tools.
- All languages are available when you want to create a project, instead of being limited.
- It's easy to switch between project view (all documents in one view) and document view.
- Live Preview is available for major document types (Office documents).
- Formating (bold, italics etc.) is shown.
- It is easy get going with Dejavu even if you are new to it.. Also Atril has put out quite a few Youtube videos to help you if you need more instructions.
- Minor updates are free.
- And not least: If you need help, there is a discussion group where the users help each other with advice.
6 out of 6 found this review helpful.
Read more reviews →
|Product description ||MultiTrans Prism Freelance provides access to the essential functionalities for a freelance translator to work locally (not connected to a corporate network domain). This stand-alone edition of MultiTrans Prism includes the ability to build and import TextBase Translation Memories and TermBases of limited sizes. It also gives you the ability to use the fully interactive Translation Agent within Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and WordPerfect. The Translation Agent enables users to interactively or automatically replace paragraphs, segments (exact & fuzzy matches), sub-segments and terms while they work with their preferred editor. Further Advanced Leveraging TM (ALTM) technology provides sub segment matching, auto-alignment, and the context for all matches found. It also comes with our XLIFF Editor, which does everything the Translation Agent does but extends your ability to work on tagged format files such as XML, HTML, MSOffice 2007 and 2010, FrameMaker and InDesign. The XLIFF Editor also has integrated QA tools to check for translation completeness and terminology consistency.
The Freelance license includes a training session on the Web and a reduced price for ongoing support.
|Try Déjà Vu X3’s amazing features today: fuzzy match repair, intelligent AutoWrite, XLIFF export in Professional edition, new PDF converter, new IDML filter, live preview, inline formatting and fewer embedded tags. Thanks to the new SDXLIFF, XLZ, MQXLZ filters, it’s the most compatible CAT tool out there.
The new interface has been designed carefully, following Microsoft user experience guidelines to enhance usability and ergonomics, by ensuring consistency with other well-known programs and improving the discoverability of features. Really boost your productivity with Déjà Vu.
Déjà Vu X3 brings you the full feature set for industry-leading productivity and Intelligent Quality, including the game-changing DeepMiner and AutoWrite. |
- DeepMiner (fuzzy match repair)
- Dynamic AutoWrite
- Machine translation direct integration
- Complete translation environment with automatic functions such as automatic propagation and terminology checks
- Unmatched file compatibility and interoperability
- Multi-File preview
- Inline formatting and spell-checker
- Quality Assurance module with defined and customizable rules
- Multilingual, multi-format and multi-file projects
- Multilingual projects and multilingual databases
- Guaranteed Matches
- Project Lexicon
- Intelligent Quality
- Powerful batch maintenance of project and database quality
- Alignment of previously translated files
- Multi-file and Multi-format alignment project
- Term extraction
- Advanced analysis for best quotation
- Advanced pre-translation function
- Translation Memory and Termbase administration
|Price ||Starting at $799.00 ||420€/1490€ |
|File formats || |
|View all formats here |
|License type ||Perpetual ||Perpetual |
|Operating system || |
|Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows 8, Windows 10 (beta), Windows XP |
|System requirements || |
|Minimum system requirements: 1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1GB RAM |
|Compatibility ||Support for multilanguage translation memories (TMX format) ||Supports open standard file formats XLIFF (SDLXLIFF, MQXLZ, etc.), TMX, TBX & OLIF - compatible with all CAT tools on the market. |
|Support and upgrades offered/included ||Check with manufacturer ||Free updates, but not upgrades, Free community support, Free technical support via support ticket center |
|Support and tutorial links || |
|Visit our Resource Center. Learn more |
|Free trial || |
|30 days trial |
|Languages supported || |
|All the languages supported by Windows are supported by Déjà Vu X3. Read more |
Looking to buy one of these tools?
Save when you buy through ProZ.com Translator Group Buying Translator Group Buying →