| | Home
Comparing MultiTrans Prism Freelance and Heartsome Translation Studio
Which software is better? Here is a rundown of features and reviews to help you make your decision.
| || || |
|Name ||MultiTrans Prism Freelance ||Heartsome Translation Studio |
|Review breakdown || || |
|Most helpful review || |
Would recommend itI worked on a contract of 9 months for Toys"R"Us Canada and, in the Translation department, we were using it and I learned really fast to use it. You can work directly on Ms Word and other files so it's really helpful. You can align bilingual texts for TM also. I did not experienced any crash too. Only thing, I think it's the most expensive on the market.
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
Read more reviews →
very nice features available, but not as efficient to use and support may be spottyThis is a beautiful program, with some very nice features. But ultimately I chose OmegaT over Heartsome, because Heartsome just isn't as efficient to use.
* can filter the editing pane to show only certain types of segments
* easy to switch the editing pane between horizontal and vertical relation of source to target segment
* can merge and split a segment (I didn’t try this feature out)
* can edit the source segment
* can display formatting tags at three different levels of detail
* numeral consistency check (my sample translations didn’t have figures in them, so I couldn’t test this feature)
* technical support is iffy: I sent a note to support through the website, and never received any reply. Later their support staff just happened to send me a “How’s it going?” email, and in my reply I included the full text of my support request. They were then very helpful in addressing all issues, albeit with a time-zone delay since they’re located in East Asia. Perhaps regular email is the way to contact them.
the process of starting up a new project seems long to me, though this is a little hard for me to quantify or explain
* it failed to import my tmx file — though technical support examined my file, declared it was a glitch in their program, and said they would resolve it
* I found the various segment statuses confusing, as well as the icons used to denote them (the program and the documentation don’t fully explain what the icons mean)
* the program creates a rather complex folder hierarchy, and it can be hard to find the translation memories and glossaries to select them in the program, and to find the target file (except by opening it from within the program)
5 out of 5 found this review helpful.
Read more reviews →
|Product description ||MultiTrans Prism Freelance provides access to the essential functionalities for a freelance translator to work locally (not connected to a corporate network domain). This stand-alone edition of MultiTrans Prism includes the ability to build and import TextBase Translation Memories and TermBases of limited sizes. It also gives you the ability to use the fully interactive Translation Agent within Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and WordPerfect. The Translation Agent enables users to interactively or automatically replace paragraphs, segments (exact & fuzzy matches), sub-segments and terms while they work with their preferred editor. Further Advanced Leveraging TM (ALTM) technology provides sub segment matching, auto-alignment, and the context for all matches found. It also comes with our XLIFF Editor, which does everything the Translation Agent does but extends your ability to work on tagged format files such as XML, HTML, MSOffice 2007 and 2010, FrameMaker and InDesign. The XLIFF Editor also has integrated QA tools to check for translation completeness and terminology consistency.
The Freelance license includes a training session on the Web and a reduced price for ongoing support.
|Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 to be released soon!
Continues to be the only truly cross-platform computer-aided translation tool -- Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris and Unix.
Integrated project management functions, supports powerful drag-and-drop and batch operations, and helps streamline project management tasks.
New and redesigned filters, support Adobe FrameMaker 7/8/9/10 MIF, Adobe InDesign IDML, SDL TRADOS XLIFF, DejaVu XLIFF filters and completely redesigned Microsoft Office 2007/2010, HTML and SDL TRADOS TagEditor (.ttx) file filters make translation content conversion to Heartsome XLIFF more accurate.
Innovative Pre-stored MT, supports both Google Translate API v2 and Bing Translator, and is pioneering machine translation storage as a TM in the Heartsome XLIFF file.
More flexible QA function, you can automatically set Heartsome Translation Studio 8.0 to perform QA while confirming or approving translations. You can also manually perform QA against single files, multiple files or the whole project.
Heartsome XLIFF files can be exported to RTF files for proofreading and can be updated while importing the edited RTF files.
Increased database and cloud database support, your team members or freelancers around the world can easily share TMs and Termbases.
Flexible license management, activate or deactivate licenses yourself online without the need to contact customer service.
Enhanced terminology consistency functionality, and quick translation. |
|Price ||Starting at $799.00 || Free versions and versions starting at €208.00 |
|File formats || |
|RTF, HTML, XML, DITA, Plain Text, PO, RC/ResX, FrameMaker MIF, SVG, Open Document (OpenOffice.org 2.x) and OpenOffice.org 1.x, Office 2003/2007 XML formats, Trados TTX and Adobe InDesign CS2/CS3 INX |
|License type ||Perpetual ||Perpetual |
|Operating system || |
|Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.4 and higher, Linux, Windows XP |
|System requirements || |
|Compatibility ||Support for multilanguage translation memories (TMX format) ||Integrates open language technology standards:XLIFF, TMX, TBX, SRX |
|Support and upgrades offered/included ||Check with manufacturer ||Check with manufacturer |
|Support and tutorial links || |
|Free trial || |
|Languages supported || |
Looking to buy one of these tools?
Save when you buy through ProZ.com Translator Group Buying Translator Group Buying →