| | Home
Comparing MultiTrans Prism Freelance and XTM Cloud
Which software is better? Here is a rundown of features and reviews to help you make your decision.
| || || |
|Name ||MultiTrans Prism Freelance ||XTM Cloud |
|Review breakdown || || |
|Most helpful review || |
Would recommend itI worked on a contract of 9 months for Toys"R"Us Canada and, in the Translation department, we were using it and I learned really fast to use it. You can work directly on Ms Word and other files so it's really helpful. You can align bilingual texts for TM also. I did not experienced any crash too. Only thing, I think it's the most expensive on the market.
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
Read more reviews →
Excellent tool for collaborative translation and not onlyI have been using XTM for 2 years now both as a translator and as a project manager. In this review however I am going to focus mostly on my translation experience and I will share with you some of the advantages of XTM Cloud that made me stick with the tool and not with any other:
1. Cloud solution:
- I do not have to worry about back-ups.
- The tool allows for mobility – my PC is no longer the only device I can work on, therefore I do not have to drag it with me everywhere I go.
- Any technical issues that may occur are solved by XTM team on their side, and I do not have to do any engineering work on my PC.
- Any updates are available right away and I do not have to install anything. On top of that I know that the other translators with whom I work have the same version of the tool and I do not have to worry about compatibility issues.
- I do not have to have a powerful PC to run XTM Cloud. Any calculations and other processes are on the server side.
2. Great support – usually they respond within ten minutes or so and not like some other tool vendors who made me wait even a couple of days and eventually I had to solve an issue on my own.
3. Simplicity – when I started using the tool more or less 2 years ago I was able to work comfortably within a couple of hours, and I did not feel overwhelmed with a huge amount of features that I did not need which is often the case with some other tools. However, I do agree that this simplicity came with the cost of not having some useful features. Fortunately enough, I have already seen many of these being implemented into the tool within those past 2 years and having this experience in mind I expect even more to come. I agree that the tool is not perfect but at the same time I am amazed with the speed of implementing new features into it by XTM team. Seeing where the development efforts are heading to I gladly pay for the tool in order to support XTM team.
4. The tool heavily relies on the industry standards (TMX, TBX, etc.) and therefore I do not have to worry about compatibility with other tools.
5. Since most of the time I use it to collaborate with other translators I really appreciate real-time features and sharing the same resources because it makes the whole process smooth and greatly enhances our teamwork.
6. I also really appreciate the scalability of costs for which SaaS model allows. I do not have to pay a significant amount of money for a tool upfront. Instead, I can adjust its cost depending on my demand within a given period of time. It also means that the money not spent on the tool still works for me until the next monthly payment.
I hope you will find my review helpful.
18 out of 19 found this review helpful.
Read more reviews →
|Product description ||MultiTrans Prism Freelance provides access to the essential functionalities for a freelance translator to work locally (not connected to a corporate network domain). This stand-alone edition of MultiTrans Prism includes the ability to build and import TextBase Translation Memories and TermBases of limited sizes. It also gives you the ability to use the fully interactive Translation Agent within Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and WordPerfect. The Translation Agent enables users to interactively or automatically replace paragraphs, segments (exact & fuzzy matches), sub-segments and terms while they work with their preferred editor. Further Advanced Leveraging TM (ALTM) technology provides sub segment matching, auto-alignment, and the context for all matches found. It also comes with our XLIFF Editor, which does everything the Translation Agent does but extends your ability to work on tagged format files such as XML, HTML, MSOffice 2007 and 2010, FrameMaker and InDesign. The XLIFF Editor also has integrated QA tools to check for translation completeness and terminology consistency.
The Freelance license includes a training session on the Web and a reduced price for ongoing support.
|XTM delivers a complete range of tools for the translator, reviewer and project manager via the web.
It is a fully featured TMS, Providing a complete Translation Workflow solution including a CAT tool Module on a single, unified platform.
All common file types are supported.
We have created a diagram that shows the data flow and processes within XTM.
There are two licensing models for XTM; XTM Cloud and XTM Suite. |
|Price ||Starting at $799.00 || |
|File formats || |
|License type ||Perpetual ||Software as a service (subscription) |
|Operating system || |
|Linux, Windows 8, Windows 2000, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and higher, Mac OS 7, 8, 9, OSX 10.3.4 and higher , Mac OS X 10.6 and higher, Windows XP, Windows 95, 98, ME, NT & 2000, Windows Vista, Mac OS X 10.4 and higher |
|System requirements || |
|Cloud based SaaS requires an internet connection and web browser |
|Compatibility ||Support for multilanguage translation memories (TMX format) || |
|Support and upgrades offered/included ||Check with manufacturer ||Free upgrades for duration of license/Subscription |
|Support and tutorial links || |
|Free trial || |
|Languages supported || |
Looking to buy one of these tools?
Save when you buy through ProZ.com Translator Group Buying Translator Group Buying →