Poll: Have an AI suscription?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
08:10

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have an AI suscription?".

This poll was originally submitted by Rocío M. Rodríguez. View the poll results »



 
Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 16:53
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Other - NONE 09:20

While I admit that AI can be useful in many situations, I prefer to do without it myself.

I avoid the AI-generated summary on Google searches and go to a human-generated source.
Wikipedia does not allow AI-generated content, but AI content may originate from there. I want to know, if possible where the information actually comes from.

You never know how much AI has garbled or hallucinated. You may be able to trust it, of course, while humans are prone to mistakes
... See more
While I admit that AI can be useful in many situations, I prefer to do without it myself.

I avoid the AI-generated summary on Google searches and go to a human-generated source.
Wikipedia does not allow AI-generated content, but AI content may originate from there. I want to know, if possible where the information actually comes from.

You never know how much AI has garbled or hallucinated. You may be able to trust it, of course, while humans are prone to mistakes and misunderstandings, so AI kan find plenty to pass on. I want to judge for myself, if I can!
From there, I formulate my own opinions - then I really have to work them out and stand by them, instead of adopting a phrase that sounds good, but does it really say what I mean?

AI is not actually more intelligent than a picture of Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein or [insert your own suggestion here]. It is just a collection of algorithms, bits and bytes.

Apart from that, AI uses enormous amounts of scarce resources - power, cooling water and web capacity. I believe it should be used carefully, when it serves a purpose, not thrown at everyone, whether they want it or not. I do not need AI and do not know what to do with it, so I leave it for those who can use it wisely.
▲ Collapse


expressisverbis
Aisha Maniar
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Claudio Machado Junior
Harishankar Shahi
Geddy Sokolowsky
Zea_Mays
 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 16:53
Member (2020)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Affirmative 09:29

Have a DeepL subscription. Very useful. Not sure interesting question. Will see. Depend on answers. Got to go now. Work to do. Bye. Later.

Chris Spurgin
Christine Andersen
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Alex Lichanow
 
M. Anna Kańduła
M. Anna Kańduła  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:53
English to Polish
Other - No 10:09

Where is a clear answer "I don't have any" instead of choices which one I have. "Other" can mean "I subscribe to something not listed".

Also, a typo: "suscription".

[Edited at 2026-10-02 10:09 GMT]


Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Ana Martins
 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:53
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Suscription? 10:51

No! I don't know what that is. I'll ignore the typo! Anyway, I'm subscribed to DeepL Pro. I used ChatGPT only once out of curiosity and the results made me run away from it as fast as I could...

Claudio Machado Junior
 
Alex Lichanow
Alex Lichanow
Germany
Local time: 16:53
English to German
+ ...
No 11:31

Have a full sentence for the title?

Claudio Machado Junior
Slobodan Vinulović
 
Claudio Machado Junior
Claudio Machado Junior  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:53
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Other = No 12:08

No. And I don't think I'll ever pay for something like that. The cost of living is skyrocketing, and I'd rather spend my hard-earned money on something else.

Slobodan Vinulović
 
Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 16:53
Member (2009)
Dutch to Flemish
+ ...
No 12:55

Didn't fill in the poll. My choice isn't there

writeaway
Ana Martins
 
Harishankar Shahi
Harishankar Shahi  Identity Verified
India
Member (2014)
English to Hindi
+ ...
The best clarification. 13:49

Christine Andersen wrote:

While I admit that AI can be useful in many situations, I prefer to do without it myself.

I avoid the AI-generated summary on Google searches and go to a human-generated source.
Wikipedia does not allow AI-generated content, but AI content may originate from there. I want to know, if possible where the information actually comes from.

You never know how much AI has garbled or hallucinated. You may be able to trust it, of course, while humans are prone to mistakes and misunderstandings, so AI kan find plenty to pass on. I want to judge for myself, if I can!
From there, I formulate my own opinions - then I really have to work them out and stand by them, instead of adopting a phrase that sounds good, but does it really say what I mean?

AI is not actually more intelligent than a picture of Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein or [insert your own suggestion here]. It is just a collection of algorithms, bits and bytes.

Apart from that, AI uses enormous amounts of scarce resources - power, cooling water and web capacity. I believe it should be used carefully, when it serves a purpose, not thrown at everyone, whether they want it or not. I do not need AI and do not know what to do with it, so I leave it for those who can use it wisely.



A complete answer and realistic picture. AIs are totally depend on unreliable sources. And language is terrible.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have an AI suscription?






PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »