Native Italian Creative Translator/Copywriter
Posted: Oct 20, 2017 10:46 GMT (GMT: Oct 20, 2017 10:46) Job type:
: Translation, Checking/editing, Copywriting
In-house position Languages:
English to Italian
SDL Office based - Rome - Full-time, Perm
SDL Launches Marketing Solutions to Enable Brands to Adapt, Manage and Deliver Global Customer Content.
Marketing Solutions builds on SDL’s legacy translation services, language tech innovation, and unparalleled geographical footprint to deliver transcreation expertise to help global brands speak, breath, feel and be local. Everywhere.
SDL is currently looking for an Italian Creative Translator/Copywriter to join our fast-growing international pool of talent, to work on an exciting, premium global automotive brand. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with leading brands on projects across Creative Content Editing, Transcreation (short and long formats), Marketing Translation, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Cultural Consultation, Market Insights etc. We are looking for people who are passionate about what they do and that have a genuine interest in helping brands speak across cultural and linguistic borders.
SDL Marketing Solutions facilitate Transcreation, Content Production and Web Editing services for brands and agencies looking to deliver globally consistent and locally relevant marketing, advertising and branded content. The Creative Translator/Copywriter will be working closely with our Language Office translators, Creative Director, project managers and client teams, editing and adapting brand content to brief across all channels from an English source into Italian.
• Minimum of 3 years of proven creative editing, creative/marketing translation and editorial experience ideally within the advertising and marketing sector
• Experience gained from language service provider, internal localization department, creative agency, internal agency or production agency perspective
• Sound experience of working with premium/high-end brands, confident in understanding nuances of tonality, style and target audience for premium brands
• Preferably experience working with automotive brand content
• Excellent command of English
• Italian native language speakers based in or near Rome
• Ability to adapt brand, advertising and marketing content to suit local market needs and requirements, taking into account language, culture, emotion, tonality, imagery etc.
• Ability to edit Italian translated content for style and flow, ensuring overall suitability to brief, channel and target audience, making necessary amends to the copy while maintaining the integrity of the source content and correcting errors in grammar, spelling and language usage.
• Strong creative flair and sound knowledge of local culture, regulations and trends
• Compliant with requirements for English back translation and comments/rationales
• If/when applicable able to attend conference calls and in-person client meetings to discuss brief and feedback
• Passionate about cars and premium/lifestyle products
• Flexible, with an ability to prioritize and adapt quickly
• Understanding of the creative process in marketing production cycles
• Collaborative attitude, working towards constant improvement
• Experience working within a CAT tools and translation management software environments
• Client-facing experience
• Familiar with creative/transcreation briefs
• Works well with an international/multi-location team
• Creative flair – able to bring new dimensions to projects and briefs at the adaptation and editing stages
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to work under pressure and prioritize effectively
• Never fails to meet a deadline
• Ability to take on board and respect feedback
• Approachable, with a can-do attitude
If this sounds like you, then please email your English CV together with your salary expectation (per annum, before tax) to Onusa Paul at [HIDDEN] .
: United Kingdom Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Marketing Preferred specific fields:
Advertising / Public Relations Preferred native language:
Italian Subject field:
Advertising / Public Relations Required quoter location:
Italy Quoting deadline: Dec 31, 2017 01:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Jan 1, 2018 01:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Contact person title: Supply Strategist - Creative
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.