For our client a dynamic and highly innovative Language Service Provider we are looking for their office in Hong Kong for a:
Senior Manager QA and Translation Technology (Hong Kong)
- Keep up to date on the latest translation technology trends and be the go-to person for any related topics;
- Assist with the setup of machine translation and post-editing projects;
- Prepare and deliver training webinars about their online editing platform, best practices for CAT tools, and Machine Translation post-editing to freelancers;
- Ensure that all Chinese translation tests are of the highest quality before they are returned to clients and prospects;
- Proofread all Chinese translation jobs related to assigned clients and ensuring that termbases and translation memories are correctly applied;
- Provide feedback to translators on translation quality and consistency in order to improve client retention;
- Manage a team of Quality Assurance Specialists in the execution of proofreading and evaluation tasks stated above;
- Assist with the recruitment and evaluation of new translators;
- Contribute to the overall quality assurance strategy and share best practices.
Poster country: United Kingdom
Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: Non-members may quote after 12 hours Subject field: Tourism & Travel Quoting deadline: Mar 12, 2018 15:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Apr 12, 2018 15:00 GMT Additional requirements: - University degree of equivalent;
- Experienced in CAT and localization engineering tools;
- Experienced in using online editing platforms (i.e. LILT, Wordbee, etc) will be a significant advantage;
- Experience with developing Machine Translation databases and the post-editing process will be a significant advantage;
- Minimum 6 years’ translation experience preferably in the financial, real estate and/or legal translation sector;
- Familiar with DTP applications and workflows;
- Familiar with and skilled at translation of English to Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong and Taiwan) and Simplified Chinese, and vice versa;
- Good communication, organisational and coordination skills;
- Independent and be able to work under pressure;
- Ability to provide creative solutions to problems;
- Team-oriented with an inclusive and collaborative way of working.
Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.
Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking