This job was closed at Dec 27, 2017 22:15 GMT
Posted: Dec 5, 2017 14:57 GMT (GMT: Dec 5, 2017 14:57)
Vetting and notifications sent at: Dec 6, 2017 11:43 GMT Job type:
Service required Languages:
English to Bulgarian
Education without Backpacks aims to assist the modernization of Bulgarian education and the generation of alternative educational and cultural resources in Bulgarian. Currently, the organization’s main project is the translation, popularization, and real-life application in Bulgaria of the largest online portal for education in the world: Khan Academy. Our future plans include the localization of the Duo Lingo and Coursera platforms.
Khan Academy is a free education platform which offers over 8,000 video lessons and 100,000 interactive exercises in mathematics, the sciences, computing and other subjects.
To date, over 40 million people around the world use Khan Academy. Its lessons cover topics from primary school, secondary school, and graduate school preparatory modules, as well as a myriad of general knowledge topics, including lectures from partners such as NASA, MIT, MoMA, and many others.
As a translator at Education without Backpacks you will translate mainly from English into Bulgarian. You will work with a team of other, mainly freelance translators and editors on the localization of educational content in mathematics, and you will have to meet our projects deadlines for delivery.
- With in-depth knowledge of the English language, perform translation of written texts from English into Bulgarian in various educational subjects, with attention to facts, target audiences and nuance, so that the intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved;
- Translate math related materials using localization platforms/software;
- Research, systematize and report cases which occurred in the process of translation (by you or other translators), and communicate them with other translators, proofreaders,experts, coordinators
- Develop further standards regarding clarity, conciseness, style and terminology;
- Research specific phraseology pertinent to the assigned projects;
- Consult with experts in specialist areas; retain and develop specialist knowledge on specific areas of translation;
Education, skills and experience
- Excellent language skills, both in English and Bulgarian;
- An active learner with proven ability to work with new material or information and to grasp its implications;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications as well as related tools;
- At least one year experience as a translator; demonstration of high quality translations in diverse areas is a plus;
- Experience in specialized translations and with CAT tools is an advantage.
- Fluency and experience in English, see above (Bulgarian as a mother tongue).
- Organizational skills;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Strong innovative problem-solving skills;
- Perfect written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to stick to deadlines;
- Proactive working style.
- work in a friendly team with international experience;
- opportunities for professional growth and variety in work;
- exchange of experience with foreign partners;
- realization of own ideas in the process of localisation;
- contribution to a cause – modernization of the Bulgarian education.
: Bulgaria Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Tech/Engineering, Science Preferred specific fields:
Mathematics & Statistics Required native language:
Bulgarian Subject field:
Mathematics & Statistics Quoting deadline: Dec 20, 2017 22:00 GMT Delivery deadline: May 2, 2018 21:00 GMT Additional requirements:
At least 1 year experience. Preffered fields of experience - mathematics and/or programming.
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Contact person title: Projet Coordinator
Quotes received: 6 (Job closed)
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.