Permanent Full-time Internal Translator (GER>ENG) - Remote
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 16:15 GMT (GMT: Feb 15, 2018 16:15) Job type:
Confidentiality level Languages:
English to German, German to English
In-house Translator (GER>ENG) - Remote
Looking for the right opportunity… the one that fits with you? Looking for the right organization… the one that hears you?
Alpha Translations Canada is looking for a passionate, talented and energetic In-house Translator who is enthusiastic about project details, loaded with good humour and dedicated to creating high-quality translations.
You should be eager to:
• Translate and/or proofread various types of documents
• Ensure translation is accurate and reflects precisely the intention of the source document
• Collaborate with Projects Team to achieve 100% customer satisfaction
• Incorporate client recommendations and comments into all translation projects
• Use all client terminology lists and glossaries according to approved procedures
• Ensure all client glossaries are updated
• Commit to continuous learning and training
Skills/experiences/traits that are indicators of your success in this role:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Proficient German-English (Native English speaker) translator
• Minimum 5 years translation and/or proofreading experience
• Extensive experience translating legal documents (patents, patent litigation, commercial/contracts, M&A)
• Acute attention to detail, spelling and grammar
• Ability to remain professional with competing priorities and tight deadlines
• Proficient in the use of CAT tools such as MemSource, SDL Trados Studio, SDLX, Star Transit and MultiTrans
• Proficient in TMS and workflow tools such as XTM, Plunet, Cloudwords, MemoQ, SDL Worldserver, GlobalSight, and Smarting
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power-Point), internet navigation, and database software
• Able to quickly learn new software tools
Why should you consider working with us?
At Alpha Translations Canada, we operate on the principles of respect, support, collaboration, and professionalism. Relationships matter to us, and just as we value and nurture our relationships with our clients, we do the same with our relationships with our staff.
Our vision, mission and values lie at the core of everything we do—how we collaborate with each other to achieve our service goals, how we interact with our clients, and how we uphold the highest professional standards in terms of expertise, timeliness, security, flexibility and scalability.
We believe in:
• putting client’s needs first
• empowering people
• building and nourishing strong relationships with clients, vendors and team members
• acting with awareness, openness and respecting other people and other cultures
• seeking first to understand and then to be understood
• finding fun and fulfillment in our professional lives
• maintaining healthy work-life balance
• we succeed when you succeed!!
: Canada Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Subject field: Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright
Quoting deadline: Apr 28, 2018 06:00 GMT
Delivery deadline: Apr 30, 2018 06:00 GMT
XTM knowledge preferred
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Contact person title: Executive Assistant
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.