External offisite linguist role - Japanese
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 10:05 GMT (GMT: Feb 22, 2018 10:05) Job type:
Services required Languages:
: Translation, Checking/editing
English to Japanese
Vistatec are looking for a linguist with excellent Japanese written language skills and, while some translation is required, primarily the role will involve reviewing others’ translations; correcting and editing them for publication while also mentoring the translators so that they can understand and correct their errors.
Our reviewers are independent language experts who perform the final step in the localization process before content is published. For this reason, it is necessary to take the client’s test to ensure that a candidate’s language and translation skills match the standard and expectations of the client.
- Review and audit content translated by agencies (Help, UI, marketing, etc.).
- Carry out linguistic QAs of localized pages.
- Provide feedback for, and work with vendors to improve quality of translations.
- Help ensure the client's quality requirements are followed by all vendors.
- Fix linguistic bugs as required.
- Interact with translators and other reviewers in linguistic discussions.
- Native Japanese speaker with excellent language skills and an in-depth knowledge of Japanese language rules
- High level of English is required – all source will be in English and it’s the main working language - Tech savvy
- Experience in technical translation – Cloud and IT plus Marketing, if possible.
- Passion for languages
- Experience/Knowledge of CAT tools processes
: Ireland Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Tech/Engineering, Marketing Preferred specific fields:
Computers: Hardware, Computers: Software, Computers: Systems, Networks, Computers (general) Required native language:
Japanese Subject field:
Computers: Systems, Networks Required software:
SDL TRADOS Quoting deadline: Dec 30, 2018 00:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Dec 31, 2018 00:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
corporate member with a Blue Board
record with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 4.5
out of 5
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.
|Déjà Vu X3 |
|Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking