Contract: Annual contract with possibility to renew (self-employed status)
Salary: €60,000 - €80,000
Location: Berlin, Germany
Global Voices Ltd is a rapidly expanding language service provider based in Stirling, Scotland. We provide translation and interpretation services to a wide range of global organisations throughout the UK, Germany, France, Italy, the US and Denmark.
We are looking for a Berlin-based simultaneous and consecutive interpreter for the language combination English <> German.
This is an exceptional opportunity to acquire experience within a reputable company and gradually take on more responsibilities as an interpreter.
• Ensure high professionalism at all times
• Provide a high quality service
• Attention to detail
• Be thoroughly prepared for every assignment
• Fluency (mother tongue level or equivalent) in German and English
• Accuracy in terminology
• Confidence, good voice-over skills
• Educated to degree level in interpretation
• Experience as a freelance or in-house interpreter
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in simultaneous interpreting (either at an academic or professional level)
• Flexibility regarding working hours, including an occasional weekend
• Priority to be given to Global Voices but flexibility will be given to undertake work from other clients.
Recent graduates with relevant training are welcome to apply.
To apply: Please send a copy of your CV (in English) with a cover letter.
Global Voices is an equal opportunities employer and our recruiting decisions will be based on your experience and skills.
Poster country: United Kingdom
Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users!
Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value