Seeking Quality Assurance Specialist – English to Simplified Chinese - WFH 4hr/d
Posted: Apr 3, 2018 02:23 GMT (GMT: Apr 3, 2018 02:23)
Vetting and notifications sent at: Apr 3, 2018 05:51 GMT Job type:
: Translation, Checking/editing, MT post-editing
Confidentiality level Languages:
English to Chinese Language variant:
Quality Assurance Specialist – English to Simplified Chinese
Mind Your Language (MYL) is expanding our Quality Assurance team and we are seeking a highly qualified Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) to support our Chinese language work. The QAS will play a key role in MYL delivering the highest standards of Chinese translation. He or she will work closely with our projects team to ensure that all projects meet the agreed standards with our Clients. The QAS will work independently and must demonstrate good organisation and project management skill. This position can be based in our office in Hong Kong or work remotely. If based remotely, MYL’s BYOD policy will apply.
- Set company-wide quality standards/rules for Simplified Chinese translations;
- Define client’s quality requirements and make sure our deliverables meet those requirements;
- Train translators on MYL’s quality standards/rules, communicate MYL’s expectations to translators;
- Undertake a variety of linguistic tasks such as review, editing, QA, and glossary/translation memory/Style Guide creation and maintenance, quality evaluation and occasionally translation when required;
- Proactively provide positive/negative feedbacks to translators on translation quality for continued improvement;
- Evaluate feedback from clients to provide objective assessment and formulate corrective measures;
- Assist with and evaluate the test results in the recruitment of Chinese translators; review all Chinese translation tests or samples before they are returned to clients and prospects;
Skills & Attributes
- Native speaker of Simplified Chinese for China;
- Degree holder in Translation, English Language or similar; at least five years’ experience in translation and quality assurance, exceptions will be made for exceptional candidates;
- Familiar with and skilled at translation of English to Simplified Chinese and vice versa. Ability to work with Traditional Chinese for Taiwan and Hong Kong markets will be a significant advantage;
- Experience with CAT tools, familiarity with Wordbee and post-editing of Machine Translation are definite advantages;
- Good communication, organisational and coordination skills, independent with initiative and able to work under pressure;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Enthusiastic about teamwork, strong analytical skills and problem solving skills;
- Details-oriented in keeping a thorough record of files and keeping track of job progresses;
- Team-oriented with an inclusive and collaborative way of working.
This is an exciting Work From Home opportunity with 4 hours of regular work a day (2-6pm). To perform the job satisfactorily, you will need to have a fast and stable internet connection.
Please send your CV and expected monthly pay to [HIDDEN]
: Hong Kong Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: Non-members may quote after 24 hours
Subject field: Finance (general)
Quoting deadline: Apr 29, 2018 16:00 GMT
Delivery deadline: May 29, 2018 16:00 GMT
Preferable - Familiar with financial market commentary/research reports.
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
outsourcer with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 3.4
out of 5
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Contact person title: Associate Director - Translation QA and Technology