Japanese Translation line manager(Full Time) at Tokyo, Japan
Posted: May 8, 2018 08:57 GMT (GMT: May 8, 2018 08:57) Job type:
Service required Languages:
English to Japanese
Please send resume at [HIDDEN]
We have 2 role
1. Translation line manager – Life Science
2. Translation line manager – General Project
Department: Japan Language Office
Selection process (planned): screening documents → primary translation test (at home) →Primary interview + translation test (office) → secondary interview (office)
Job Type: Full-time employee
Location: Tokyo office (Nakameguro GT Tower 4F, 2-1-1, Meguro-ku, Tokyo
1 minute walk from Naka-Meguro Station of Tokyu Toyoko Line and Metro Hibiya Line)
Working hours: 9: 30 ~ 18: 30 (8 hours worked, 1 hour break)
Holiday: Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays, December 25, New Year's Holiday (December 30 - January 3)
(There may be cases of holiday work depending on business conditions)
Vacation: PTO, Sick off, special leave (such as condolences)
Welfare benefits, etc.: Social insurance outcomes, retirement payment system
As a line manager, you manage a translator team, and are responsible for linguistic quality control and translation process of English to Japanese localization project in various fields. You also translate by yourself. It is a great job opportunity to work in global environment collaborating with other SDL offices.
- Manage a translator team
- Control translation process and linguistic quality
- Manage work allocation, productivity, utilization of each team member
- Training, mentoring and evaluating team members
- Monitoring translation quality
- Supervising translation process, analyzing problem cause, and building improvement plan
- Provide translation service as a lead translator (translation, review, machine translation post editing, management of translation process and quality, communicating with project manager in other offices, external translator, and client)
- Other related work
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 years or more experience in English-to-Japanese translation work
- Management experience or experience of team lead
- CAT tool experience (SDL Trados Studio, etc.)
- PC operations skills (such as Microsoft Office)
- Business level English (e-mail, telephone conference, etc.)
- Knowledge of specialized fields such as marketing translation, IT, tourism, automobile, finance, etc. and Localization experience of those fields
- Japanese native
- Handle both team management and translation related tasks as a playing manager
- Work proactively to improve customer satisfaction, improve translation quality, improve process, solve problem, and support team member’s growth
- Logical thinking, problem solving, communication skill, negotiation skill, cost consciousness
- Mindset to tackle to wide variety of tasks and new things
- Flexible attitude to changes
: Japan Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 12 hours Preferred native language:
Japanese Subject field:
Advertising / Public Relations Preferred quoter location:
United States Quoting deadline: Jul 29, 2018 00:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Aug 30, 2018 00:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a logged in visitor.
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Contact person title: Talent Finder
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.
|WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime.
Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device.
Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.|