EN>JP Language Lead (Tokyo area)
Posted: Jun 20, 2018 02:09 GMT (GMT: Jun 20, 2018 02:09) Job type:
Services required Languages:
: Translation, Checking/editing, MT post-editing, Transcreation
English to Japanese
For the Japanese branch of our customer, a world leader in localization, we are currently looking for a:
EN>JP Language Lead
- Responsible for the translation/edit/proof/verification of text to project specifications.
- Monitors the linguistic quality assurance process throughout project and signs-off on overall quality of final deliverables before shipping to client.
- Performs linguistic tasks such as translation, editing, proofreading and quality assurance checks.
- Reviews source material to assess and manage linguistic requirements and terminology needs.
- Creates, maintains and updates translation memory, style guide and project glossary.
- Defines quality expectation and provides detailed translation instructions/support documentation to translation resources.
- Performs other projects or duties when required.
: United Kingdom Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Subject field: Life Sciences
Quoting deadline: Dec 4, 2018 15:00 GMT
Delivery deadline: Jan 10, 2019 15:00 GMT
- University Degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 year work experience in Linguistics, Translation or related field is an absolute must.
- Experience as a Technical Translator or Lead Translator with emphasis in product and marketing localization.
- Japanese mother tongue.
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in the source (English) language and the target (native Japanese) language.
- Experienced user of standard software, such as Windows and Office applications.
- Proficient user of translation memory tool(s).
- Thorough understanding of the basic localization process.
- Experience in supporting Project Management with planning and other project related matters, coordinating a team of translators, training and supporting other team members.
- Team player.
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.
|Déjà Vu X3 |
|Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking