FULL-TIME Japanese Team Lead
Posted: Jul 3, 2018 17:18 GMT (GMT: Jul 3, 2018 17:18) Job type:
Service required Languages:
Japanese to English
Morningside Translations is the fastest growing major language service provider in North America and one of the largest intellectual property translation companies in the world. Specializing in patent, life sciences, and legal translations where accuracy and subject matter expertise are paramount, Morningside provides ISO 9001 and 13485-certified translations into more than 150 languages and offers end-to-end technology-enabled translation, localization, and multimedia solutions. Morningside is the trusted partner to thousands of organizations including Fortune 500 companies, Am Law 200 firms, and international regulatory bodies. Headquartered in New York City, Morningside has offices across the globe in San Francisco, Hamburg, Tunbridge Wells, and Jerusalem.
We are looking for a full-time Japanese Team Lead, in our New York City Headquarters, to manage a team of Japanese- English translators. This hire will report directly to the Associate Director of Linguistics.
- Manages a team of Japanese-English translators, including: monitoring workload allocation and deadline compliance, analyzing key linguistics metrics for the team, ensuring individual/team goals are met, training and mentoring new staff
- Responds to linguistic queries from internal/external translators, providing feedback to internal/external translators on quality control issues, and assessing translation quality for various purposes including translator qualification
- Collaborates on urgent or long-term projects with other functions including Project Management and Vendor Management
- Translates from Japanese into English, and revising Japanese-English translations for mistranslations, terminology, omissions, and grammar/syntax
- Ensures translations conform with formatting and technical specifications following client guidelines
- Researches and verifies technical terminology in online and internal resources
- Utilizes CAT tools in translation and revision
Qualifications (demonstrated ability in the following):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, thorough, accurate, and able to work quickly and effectively
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, work independently and with a team
- Strong analytical, researching, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree or certification in translation
- Minimum three years of translation or language services industry-related experience, managerial experience preferred
- Strong computer and desktop publishing skills
- Native or near-native English speaker, or proven ability to write at a native level in English; highly proficient in Japanese
*You must be authorized to work in the United States and will not need future sponsorship from Morningside Translations
** Please email your CV to [HIDDEN]
: United States Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Subject field: Patents
Quoting deadline: Sep 1, 2018 16:00 GMT
Delivery deadline: Sep 2, 2018 16:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
professional member with a Blue Board
record with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 4.1
out of 5
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.