Looking for Technical translator!
Posted: Jul 9, 2018 13:01 GMT (GMT: Jul 9, 2018 13:01) Job type:
Service required Languages:
German to English
Are you an experienced technical translator looking to join a professional and supportive in-house team and work with some of the world’s leading brands? Working as a translator in our English language office in Sheffield, you will be responsible for delivering translations of the highest quality on time and within budget. In this key role, you will have the opportunity to act as Lead Translator for one or several accounts and to support the development of your fellow translation colleagues.
• Translating technical documents into English
• Reviewing the work of in-house and external translators
• Carrying out the review of documents authored in English
• Converting documents between different flavours of English
• Producing quality translations within given timeframes
• Providing linguistic support and feedback
• Mentoring more junior translators
• Working with clients, reviewers and project managers to define best practice
• Understanding and following SDL’s linguistic processes and procedures
• Managing terminology effectively
• Using the translation tools
• Linguistic checking of files in their final format
• Acting as Lead translator to oversee the linguistic processes of one or several accounts
• Managing your time effectively
• A degree in translation or a relevant combination of training and experience
• Demonstrable exposure to working in a professional technical translation environment (mechanical and electrical engineering, automotive industry, aviation, oil industry, etc.)
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Good knowledge of translation software such as Trados
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• You must be a native level English speaker
If this is something of your interest, please do not hesitate in contacting me at [HIDDEN] with your updated CV in English.
: Poland Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Tech/Engineering Preferred specific fields:
Archaeology Preferred native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
Technical Quoting deadline: Jul 27, 2018 22:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Jul 30, 2018 22:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
outsourcer with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 2.7
out of 5
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Contact person title: Talent Manager
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.