Under the supervision of ACSI Translations Project Manager Team, the Interpreter will provide high quality professional Face to Face Interpreting Services to support the language access and outreach needs of DC's Limited English Proficient (LEP) or Non-English Proficient (NEP) residents, employees, and visitors in a variety of on-site locations and settings (such as, but not limited to: meetings, ceremonies, concerts, conferences, depositions, hearings, therapy sessions, enrollments, fairs, interviews, medical appointments, physiological evaluations, plays, press conferences, etc.)
- Consecutive Mode Interpreters
- Simultaneous Mode Interpreters
- Certified Interpreters (Legal & Medical)
- Non Certified Interpreters (must provide evidence of 4 years past performance)
Non-members may quote after 12 hours Preferred native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
Linguistics Preferred quoter location:
United States Quoting deadline: Oct 1, 2018 00:00 GMT Additional requirements:
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of Face to Face interpretation experience, with a minimum of three (3) years of in-country experience.
- Native or Near Native level of fluency in respective source language as well as high level of fluency in English.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Code of Professional Responsibility.
- Exhibit and maintain professional and ethical behavior at all times.
- Adhere to ACSI policies and procedures.
- Ability to collaborate in a professional manner with other team members.
- Follow Project Manager’s instructions and perform tasks accordingly.
- Seek Project Manager support for difficult interpreting situations and follow instructions.
INTERPRETERS MUST HOLD ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATIONS OR EVIDENCE OF TRAINING
- Interpreter Certification from an Accredited University or institution
- Community Interpreter Professional Training from an accredited organization
- Legal Interpreter Certification from an accredited organization
- Medical Interpreter Training Certificate from an accredited organization
- Certification recognized by the VA. Superior Court and/or Appeals Court
- Federal, State or the National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT)
- Certification. Judiciary Interpreters and Translators Certification Examination (JITCE) Certification
- Passage of one or all of the following levels of State 61 Department examinations: a. Escort; b. Conference; and c. Seminar
- Passage of examinations Bided through the Consortium of the National Center for State Courts (NCSC) and/or member states.
- Federal Court Interpreter Certification Examination
- The Translators and Interpreters Guild Certification.