INTERPRETER (EGYPTIAN FIXED-TERM CONTRACT)
Posted: Aug 5, 2018 08:48 GMT (GMT: Aug 5, 2018 08:48)
Vetting and notifications sent at: Aug 6, 2018 23:15 GMT Job type:
: Interpreting, Consecutive, Interpreting, Simultaneous, Interpreting, Chuchotage/Whispering, Interpreting, Liaison
Confidentiality level Languages:
Arabic to English, English to Arabic
I-General overview of position / working conditions:
• Job title: Interpreter
• Location: Egypt
• Line manager: Country Representative
• Main functional relationships: Asmae Special Education – Technical Advisor and all staff members at the local office.
• Status: Part-time Egyptian employment contract
Under the supervision of the country representative, the interpreter will work closely with the Special Education Technical Advisor (SE-TA) who provides technical support to partner NGOs on a project that aims at improving education for children with disability both in Cairo and Upper Egypt. The interpreter will be responsible for providing interpretation from/to Arabic (Egyptian) / English during training workshops, field supervision visits and meetings of the SE-TA. The Interpreter will be also responsible to provide interpretation during Asmae HQ visits to Egypt Country Office. He/she will be the official Interpreter of Asmae in meetings, workshops, trainings, visits with external partners. Through his/her behavior, he/she represents the values of Asmae.
4.1. Interpretation for Asmae expatriate staff during trainings, network meetings, workshops, meetings and visits:
• Provide interpretation during activities and trainings according to the Technical Advisers program
• Provide interpretation for Asmae staff members in meetings, workshops, trainings and visits with external partners
4.2. Occasional translation
• Translates documents in the absence of the translator when needed and upon request of the Country Representative
4.3. Contribution to network events organization:
• Helps in preparation of materials needed by Asmae’s team
• Provides requested support when needed (for example: logistics, contribute to / present specific topics, interpretation, and any other activities requested by the country representative).
4.4. Reporting and communication:
• Respects confidentiality of information and ensures to not express his/her personal opinion
• Reports to his/her direct manager any problem related to the position and the daily organization
4.5. Participation to the national office activities:
• Participates in team meetings
• Participates actively in seminars and meetings locally organized
• Reports experienced or anticipated security issues and plays a role of alert
• On request and if needed, provides language training to Asmae’s staff
V. Position’s Requirements:
• University degree(s) in Language (English, Arabic)
• Certificate in Translation/Interpretation
• Three to five years of experience in translation/interpretation
• Experience working with international organizations (INGOs, Embassies, UN Agencies, International Schools)
• Experience in providing interpretation in field setting (i.e. noisy and/or within children centre)
• Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
• Familiar with Office Pack
• Good Understanding of multicultural context challenges
• Reliability and exactitude,
• Patience, diplomacy and sense of listening,
• Ability to adapt to persons and contexts,
• Ability to work with various professional profiles,
• Ability to work under pressure.
VI. General information :
Place of work: Cairo with field visits, Upper-Egypt
Status: Egyptian fixed term contract, part time (3 days a week)
Contract duration: 10 months (August 1st 2018 to May 31st 2019)
Monthly Net Compensation: 4875 EGP/month
Benefits: social insurance
Starting date: August 1st 2018
10 months Poster country
: Egypt Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: For more information, see: URL not shown
Non-members may quote after 12 hours Preferred expertise:
Social Sciences, Art/Literary, Medical Preferred native language:
Arabic Subject field:
Medical (general) Preferred quoter location:
Egypt Quoting deadline: Aug 20, 2018 17:00 GMT Additional requirements:
Three to five years of experience
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a logged in visitor.
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Contact person title: Project Officer
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.
|Déjà Vu X3 |
|Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking
|WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime.
Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device.
Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.|