Czech Translation Specialist (DE-CZ) - In-house (Luxemburg)
Job posted at: Jan 24, 2019 12:46 GMT (GMT: Jan 24, 2019 12:46) Job type:
: Translation, MT post-editing
In-house position Languages:
German to Czech
Amazon is one of the most innovative and customer-centric e-commerce businesses on earth. Aiming at improving the experience of its customers, Amazon has been the pioneer of many innovations. Did you know that customers can use amazon.de in 5 more languages other than German? They can shop using the website in Turkish, Polish, English, Dutch and Czech! This is where we need you!
We are currently looking for a motivated and talented Czech linguist to join our Localization Team in Luxembourg as a Translation Specialist (DE-CZ).
What is so special about our team?
As the Amazon Localization Team we have more than 100 Translation and Outsourcing Specialists coming from more than 15 different nationalities and based in 3 international locations! You will be based in Luxembourg, house of Amazon’s headquarters in Europe. Working with this multicultural team, you will help us deliver excellence not only to our European customers but to all customers around the world. If you want to get to know our team better, check out our video: [HIDDEN]
As a Czech Translation Specialist, you will:
- Post-edit machine-translated output in an efficient way to improve the information on the detailed product pages in Czech on the website.
- Conduct quality checks by proofreading and reviewing work from your peers and external vendors and also provide feedback and coaching when needed.
- Maintain a terminology base for Czech.
- Control and improve the quality of machine-translation engines.
- Provide ad-hoc linguistic support (translation, linguistic review, testing) for other internal customers.
We are proud to say that in our team, the scope of a Translation Specialist is not limited to linguistic tasks. Depending on your skills and interests, you will have opportunities to get involved in hiring, training, mentoring, technical or business support, project and people management.
We do not expect you to be able to do everything. We work as a team with everyone bringing their own unique strengths and mix them together for perfection. We provide trainings to help everyone succeed and grow.
You will receive a permanent contract, a competitive compensation accompanied with a local benefits package, and a relocation support to help you in your move to Luxembourg.
What is so special about Luxembourg?
Luxembourg is a multicultural country located – literally – in the heart of Europe and a major center of activity for the European Union. Luxembourg has 3 official languages which are Luxembourgish, French and German. You don’t know any of these languages? Don’t worry! Due to the high number of expatriates in the country, English is widely used and nearly spoken by any local in shops, groceries and daily life!
Being in the center, Luxembourg also gives you the opportunity to explore its neighboring countries in a very convenient way. You can make a day trip to Germany which is a 30 minutes’ drive from Luxembourg city center or you can visit France, Belgium and even the Netherlands. You can also find very good train connections to all these destinations. If you consider flying a bit further, you can use Luxembourg Findel Airport (which is only 7 minutes’ drive from the office), or even prefer Charleroi Airport (Belgium) or Frankfurt International Airport (Germany).
Why are you waiting? Apply now with your English CV and become an Amazonian!
Please apply via the following url:
· Your Czech language skills need to be at native level
· You must be able to work from German
· You need to have a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Language Studies, Translation, Interpreting or Communication. Related fields such as Philology, Journalism, Public Relations, etc. are also accepted.
· As the main communication language in our team and company is English, you need to have fully functional oral and written English communication skills.
· Knowledge of CAT tools
· Any additional working language, in particular English
· Customer and business orientation
· Curiosity and flexibility across multiple tasks
· Previous experience with language related tasks
· Ability to prioritize and work towards deadlines
· Ability to take initiative and produce results, as well as to collaborate effectively with a diverse team
: Luxembourg Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Preferred native language: For more information, see: URL not shown
Czech Subject field:
Linguistics Quoting deadline: Dec 30, 2019 23:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Dec 31, 2019 07:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a
ProZ.com Business member with a Blue Board
record with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 4.7
out of 5
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Contact person title: Recruiter
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.