Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Languages: English to Portuguese, Portuguese to English
Language variant: Portuguese from Brazil
The portuguese (Brazil) Linguist Position will be based at our studio (Nordelec) in Montreal. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally.
- Translate, review and proofread texts in portuguese (Brazil) to a high quality standard;
- Support the Testing Department on linguist standards and questions in your language;
- Work closely with other linguists, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects;
- Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminology and create guidelines for portuguese (Brazil);
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks;
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is delivered to Keywords customers;
- Provide support and leadership to junior members of the team to achieve the department objectives and goals;
- Suggest process improvements that will help achieve goal of optimal translation quality;
- Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group objectives;
- Training and teaching interns on a regular basis, supplying materials, creating and maintaining their schedules and acting on their behalf inside the department;
- Support Vendor management on reviewing test translations;
- Full-time contract of 8 months.
- Native Portuguese (Brazil) Speaker;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Educational qualification in linguistics;
- Experience as a portuguese (Brazil) linguist;
- Experience in language, literature, linguistics, or related humanistic fields;
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills both in portuguese (Brazil) and english;
- Passion for the interactive entertainment space and close familiarity with the games industry;
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a remote, dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Poster country: Canada
Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: Non-members may quote after 12 hours Required specific fields: Linguistics Required native language: Portuguese Subject field: Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino Required quoter location: Canada Quoting deadline: Dec 1, 2019 00:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Dec 31, 2019 00:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board outsourcer with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 5 out of 5
Note: Sign in to see outsourcer contact information.
SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.
SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.