Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
The italian Linguist Position will be based at our studio (Nordelec) in Montreal. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally.
- Translate, review and proofread texts in italian to a high quality standard;
- Support the Testing Department on linguist standards and questions in your language;
- Work closely with other linguists, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects;
- Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminology and create guidelines for italian;
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks;
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is delivered to Keywords customers;
- Provide support and leadership to junior members of the team to achieve the department objectives and goals;
- Suggest process improvements that will help achieve goal of optimal translation quality;
- Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group objectives;
- Training and teaching interns on a regular basis, supplying materials, creating and maintaining their schedules and acting on their behalf inside the department;
- Support Vendor management on reviewing test translations;
- Full-time contract of 8 months.
- Native Italian Speaker;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Educational qualification in linguistics;
- Experience as a italian linguist;
- Experience in language, literature, linguistics, or related humanistic fields;
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills both in italian and english;
- Passion for the interactive entertainment space and close familiarity with the games industry;
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a remote, dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Poster country: Canada
Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: Non-members may quote after 12 hours Required specific fields: Linguistics Required native language: Italian Subject field: Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino Required quoter location: Canada Quoting deadline: Dec 1, 2019 00:00 GMT Delivery deadline: Dec 31, 2019 00:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board outsourcer with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 5 out of 5
Note: You cannot quote because this job is closed.
Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users!
Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value
Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer.
Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools.
Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free