US Citizen Linguists for Potential Opportunity with US Government
Job posted at: Apr 23, 2019 15:00 GMT (GMT: Apr 23, 2019 15:00) Job type:
Service required Languages:
: Translation, Interpretation (other)
English to Arabic, English to Chinese, English to Japanese, English to Korean, English to Mongolian, English to Somali
My name is Hang Hills and I am a Recruiter for the National Language Service Corps.
The National Language Service Corps is a membership organization for U.S. citizens who are multilingual and can provide language assistance to the U.S. government in times of need. At this time, we expect to have paid opportunities for Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Mongolian, Somali and Arabic linguists in the near future.
If you are interested, please register at www.nlscorps.org/apply. It is a volunteer organization in that you are able to accept or decline any assignments like any other freelance offer. After you register please fill out the 2 forms in attachment and send them back to me at [HIDDEN]
Every assignment is PAID.
If you know any linguist that speaks any other language and you think might be interested please forward this email to them.
A little bit about NLSC
• We are a program under the Defense Language National Security Education Office (DLNSEO), which is housed under the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness.
• We are a membership that supports and responds to different federal language needs.
• No membership fees are required.
• Requirements to join are that individuals must be U.S. citizens, over the age of 18, and have a general professional proficiency in English and a foreign language. Male applicants must have registered for selective service.
For more information please visit our website at www.nlscorps.org
Benefits of being an NLSC member:
• Chapter Events: NLSC members will be able to attend a variety of chapter events and professional seminars.
• Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT): NLSC members can take the DLPT, the Department of Defense’s primary language test, for free
• Online Resources for Language Education: Our website will offer a wide variety of resources for language study and retention
• Online Networking Opportunities: NLSC members can network with each other through our members-only Facebook and LinkedIn groups
• Opportunities to Serve in Language Assignments: Members who are hired as on-call language consultants may be selected to participate in short-term language assignments in the United States and around the world.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Hang Hills (CTR)
National Language Service Corps
Tel: 703 243 4855 Ext.168
: United States Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Non-members may quote after 12 hours Preferred native language:
Japanese Subject field:
Business/Commerce (general) Preferred quoter location:
United States Quoting deadline: Dec 31, 2019 00:00 GMT
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Contact person title: Linguists
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.