Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
US Citizen Linguists for Potential Opportunity with US Government
Job posted at: May 2, 2019 18:44 GMT(GMT: May 2, 2019 18:44)
Job type: Potential Job
Service required: Translation, Interpretation, Teaching (other)
Languages: English to Arabic, English to Kazakh, English to Polish
This posting is for INDIVIDUALS, not service companies.
My name is Hang Hills and I am a Recruiter for the National Language Service Corps.
The National Language Service Corps is a membership organization for U.S. citizens who are multilingual and can provide language assistance to the U.S. government in times of need. At this time, we expect to have paid opportunities in the near future for Polish (with teaching experience), Kazak, and Arabic linguists who are U.S. citizens.
If you are interested, please register at www.nlscorps.org/apply. It is a volunteer organization in that you are able to accept or decline any assignments like any other freelance offer. After you register please fill out the 2 forms in attachment and send them back to me at [HIDDEN]
Every assignment is PAID.
If you know any linguists that speaks any other language and you think might be interested please forward this email to them.
A little bit about NLSC
• We are a program under the Defense Language National Security Education Office (DLNSEO), which is housed under the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness.
• We are a membership that supports and responds to different federal language needs.
• No membership fees are required.
• Requirements to join are that individuals must be U.S. citizens, over the age of 18, and have a general professional proficiency in English and a foreign language. Male applicants must have registered for selective service.
For more information please visit our website at www.nlscorps.org
Benefits of being an NLSC member:
• Chapter Events: NLSC members will be able to attend a variety of chapter events and professional seminars.
• Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT): NLSC members can take the DLPT, the Department of Defense’s primary language test, for free
• Online Resources for Language Education: Our website will offer a wide variety of resources for language study and retention
• Online Networking Opportunities: NLSC members can network with each other through our members-only Facebook and LinkedIn groups
• Opportunities to Serve in Language Assignments: Members who are hired as on-call language consultants may be selected to participate in short-term language assignments in the United States and around the world.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Hang Hills (CTR)
National Language Service Corps
Tel: 703 243 4855 Ext.168
Poster country: United States
Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: Non-members may quote after 12 hours Preferred native language: Papuan-Australian(Other) Subject field: Business/Commerce (general) Preferred quoter location: United States Quoting deadline: Dec 31, 2019 00:00 GMT
SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.
Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.