English - German In-house Translator
Job posted at: Jul 5, 2019 11:20 GMT (GMT: Jul 5, 2019 11:20) Job type:
Confidentiality level Languages:
English to German
When it comes to QA and Testing for your games, content or hardware, you need simple solutions that work. We have got over 15 years of experience partnering with industries from entertainment, media and games to publishing, e-commerce and consumer electronics.
Do you like playing video games?
Do you have interest in translation and proofreading?
Translator (English – German)
This position is directly related for a project coming from one of the most established, iconic and reputed video games & consoles developers in the world. You can work 100% remotely.
• Localise a variety of game related text assets from English to target language
• Proof-read localised assets in your target language which have been translated by others, making corrections as needed
• Edit the output from a team working in target language, adjusting individuals’ output to maintain consistency and style across the whole team, while advising individual translators on specific changes and group-wide decisions
• Provide objective feedback on the quality of other translators’ work as part of quality review policy
• Research phrasing and terminology for specialist areas to ensure you can provide the most appropriate and specific localisation
• Maintain responsive communication lines with your project coordinator and the rest of the team working on the project
• Native or fluent (C1/C2) speaker of German
• Very good level of English
• Proven experience in video game localization/translation
• Knowledge and experience with genre-specific terminologies including (not limited to) RPG, racing, open world crafting, simulators, etc.
• Capacity to work and communicate with a team
• Competitive salary
• 100% remotely work
• An opportunity to gain experience and develop skills within interesting industry of video games
Join us! Please apply via this link:
: Poland Service provider targeting (specified by job poster):
Membership: For more information, see: URL not shown
Non-members may quote after 12 hours
Tech/Engineering Preferred specific fields:
Linguistics Preferred native language:
Target language(s) Subject field:
Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino Preferred software:
SDL TRADOS, J-CAT, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Translation Workspace, memoQ, MemSource Cloud, Translate, Translation Exchange, TranslationProjex Quoting deadline: Dec 30, 2019 00:00 GMT Additional requirements:
A Translation qualification preferred. Previous experience working as a Translator required.
About the outsourcer:
This job was posted by a Blue Board
outsourcer with a "likelihood of working again" average rating of 5
out of 5
Note: Sign in
to see outsourcer contact information.
Translation industry jobs
Jobs posted by outsourcers seeking quotes from language professionals.
The Blue Board
is a searchable database of language job outsourcers with feedback from service providers, and an important risk management tool. ProZ.com members have full access to the Blue Board.